Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello there, I have a Pavilion G7-2051SA on W7 64Bit and the webcam is not working. I have the 'Cyberlink Youcam' software installed which when I run , it says 'No webcam detected'. Skype does not detect it either. I have updated the latest drivers and using HP Assistant I ran a check and updated PC with all relevant software but still I get the error. I cannot see a FN + key option or any icon on any of the 'f' keys to enable.

Any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello jerrydoco.  I understand you're getting the "webcam not detected" error.

I recently made a post covering the solutions for this error.  Please take a look at it here and try the steps I outlined. 

I hope this is helpful and I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello jerrydoco.  I understand you're getting the "webcam not detected" error.

I recently made a post covering the solutions for this error.  Please take a look at it here and try the steps I outlined. 

I hope this is helpful and I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

HP Recommended

Hi AttackofZaq,

Many Thanks for your post and all those tips. I had actually tried them all and more than once. Wasted a lot of time over the last few weeks but I guess you got to run through the process of elimination.

Your final point about it probably being a hardware error was the only thing it could be and I can now confirm that this was spot on. My notebook was still under warranty so I sent it back to HP who 'reseated the webcam' cable and hey presto! I suspect it might not have been connected at all (many web forums say this is a classic and common error from the factory) but it works now and that is all that matters.

Thanks again! I hope your advice helps lot of others.

HP Recommended

Hello jerrydoco.  I appreciate your kind words and the update on your issue!  

I am glad to hear that you were able to get the issue resolved.  Also, you certainly are correct about the process of elimination.  It plays a big part in determining where the problem lies!  

If you ever need any more help do not hesitate to post in these forums.  They truly are a great resource and community!

Have a great week 🙂

HP Recommended

i have new laptop pavilion g7 my front hp webcam camera is not at all clear picture is dull

HP Recommended

Hello @pankaj_moteka,

You state the webcam does not show a clear picture, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

HP manufactured several hundred G7 computers can you provide the full model number for the one you have. If you unsure where to locate that information on the computer have a look at this document for help.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.