Question

Student
JuanWoe
Message 1 of 2 (235 Views)

Pavilion x2 hdmi output not working

I have a pavilion x2 notebook/tablet and I am trying to connect it to a second moniter. The moniter only has a dvi and a vga port and the computer only has a hdmi port, so i bought this cable -- Link to Amazon Page --. The computer simply does not detect the moniter, no matter what we try, we think it is a problem with the hdmi driver, but we are not sure.

HP Support Agent
Great-Deku-Tree
Message 2 of 2 (207 Views)

Re: Pavilion x2 hdmi output not working

Hello @JuanWoe ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you;re having issues connecting to an external monitor with your DVI to HDMI adapter cable.

Can you tell me if a VGA connection works?

You might want to try going through this document for some basic help: Connecting a Monitor, Projector or TV (Windows 8). This article has a section specifically for connecting with adapters.

You may be correct about it being a driver issues. Without knowing which product or operating system you have I can't help much in that area. 

For information on finding your product and model numbers click here: How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? To see which version of Windows you are using click here: Which Windows operating system am I running?

Hopefully that document works for you. If not let me know and provide the product and operating system in your reply. :smileyhappy:

The Great Deku Tree
I work on behalf of HP.

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation