Question

Student
manserpaul
Message 1 of 13 (24,462 Views)

Pavillion DV7 Power Supply Beeping??

While working on my laptop this morning my powers supply which was plugged in at the time started beeping and my screen went dull. I noticed the charge indicator was off and when I tried to plug back in the laptop was getting no power. The laptop is not 12 months old please help???

Student
the_lct
Message 2 of 13 (24,370 Views)

Re: Pavillion DV7 Power Supply Beeping??

I am also having this issue. my model is: dv7-1261wm. Why hasn't tech support even replied to this posting? I have two hp DV7 series laptops. If HP ever expects to sell another system to me or my IT Dept I expect a reply.

Really I know that the supply has just failed and that we need to get a replacement set up but Hp support needs to confirm this.

Associate Professor
Sanchertx
Message 3 of 13 (24,364 Views)

Hello,

if your AC adaptor is not charging the notebook you can call into HP support @ 1 8000 HP INVENT and request another AC adaptor be mailed to you.

regards,

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
Honor Student
jennifer_lynn83
Message 4 of 13 (24,339 Views)

My 2monthold laptop says "plugged in not charging" I tried calling the number from your post but it appears to be a wrong number

Grad Student
nascar4u
Message 5 of 13 (24,337 Views)

the_lct wrote:

I am also having this issue. my model is: dv7-1261wm. Why hasn't tech support even replied to this posting? I have two hp DV7 series laptops. If HP ever expects to sell another system to me or my IT Dept I expect a reply.

Really I know that the supply has just failed and that we need to get a replacement set up but Hp support needs to confirm this.

if you want an answer from hp tech then your in the wrong place. so if you ever expect to get a replay, i suggest you e-mail them or call 1-800-hpinvent to speak to tech support.

this is a USER TO USER support forum, not HP tech support so if HP is ever going to sell you something again I suggest you start in the right place for your demand.

click Kudos to say thanks if I helped
Honor Student
jennifer_lynn83
Message 6 of 13 (24,331 Views)

Just off the phone with customer support who says if you leave your computer plugged in too much it wont charge the lady at HP had me shut down un plug and remove my battery while unplugged without a batt I was to try and turn on for 15 sec and then replace the batt plug in and turn on now my notebook works without buying anything hope this helps

Honor Student
jennifer_lynn83
Message 7 of 13 (24,330 Views)

the number I used was 1-800-474-6836

Student
JacobAndAmanda
Message 8 of 13 (24,055 Views)

[ Edited ]

We just started having the exact same problem about 2-3 weeks ago.  Just took the laptop into Best Buy for repair and found out that the "accident plan" we bought expired on March 13th, 2010.  Gotta love it.  Worse yet... this was the second time I was taking this notebook in due to a complete failure since I bought it for my wife around March 13th of last year.

I tried unplugging, waiting but the power cable / supply beeps with no lights or anything on the notebook.  When I took it into the store, they plugged it into a good cable and when you first plug it in the lights will bleep for a second and it will stil not boot up.

HP, can you please help us out?

H# is: [text removed for privacy]

Student
MuneebHasan
Message 9 of 13 (22,351 Views)

It is an issue with your laptop AC Power Adapter short circuiting. If you know your way around wires (and want to save 10 to 50 dollars depending on you buy online or out from store :smileytongue:), cut it and check for the short circuiting. Get it fixed and you won't hear any beep, and your laptop would be charged as before.

Student
ConnR
Message 10 of 13 (21,358 Views)

I had the same issue,

I work at a school where teachers can use there laptops for personal use and what goes on with the laptop and the power surply. I got one from a teacher saying that her laptop could not charge and there was a buzzing sound so i investergated it.

Found nothing could be done then hit it a few time and volla it worked i don't know how but it worked.

Only use this for LAST Resort.

Good luck

Connor Brown

MBAS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation