Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an hp 2000 notebook with windows 8 and currently have 25 updates that are pending but none of them are actually updating. does anyone know what i need to do to make these updates actually download? and yes i have an internet connection to rule that possibility out.

Thanks much

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try:

1.  Hit Win key + Q
  2. Type Windows Update in Search box under Settings
  3. Touch/Click Check for update Now
  4. Follow instructions on screen

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Windows is up to date. Its all of the apps that will not update
HP Recommended

same PPROBLEM ...any advice??

HP Recommended
First off, shut down the computer/restart it and then check for the updates again.

If that doesn't work, you might attempt the Fix-It & instructions provided here: http://pureinfotech.com/2013/09/12/how-to-fix-windows-8-app-wont-install-or-udpate/
HP Recommended

Hello can you help me?

I have just purchased my new notebook which is running Windows 8 and I am already having problems.  Whilst trying to download apps updates and apps installations all I am getting is apps pending,which is causing freeze ups and running very slow. I am told that this is not new so can you help me repair the problem.

Thanks

Alan 7297

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.