Question

Student
Faker
Message 1 of 1 (463 Views)

Please help! Pressure sensitivity not working on Tablet PC!

Hello,

I'm using an HP  Pavilion TX2500 Tablet PC... at least I think so. The sticker on the bottom of my PC says TX2500, but the monitor says TX2000, and the HP product detector says its a TX2510. I'm more than a little confused on that issue.

Long story short, the pressure sensitivity on my computer isnt working as of yesterday. It had been sitting around for a while unused, and was working last time I used it, but now it isnt. Literally it was sitting around, and when I turned it on to draw, it didnt want to work. I didnt install anything and neither did Windows Update that I know of, since I have to initiate the installs myself.

Aside from the pressure sensitivity no longer working in programs like Photoshop and Sketchbook Pro, the mouse is also mirrored. Normally, the mouse pointer is directly under the Wacom pen... but somehow the image is messed up. For instance, if I draw with the pen in the upper right corner, the mouse pointer is in the bottom left. To clarify, the pen is detected and it draws, the pressure sensitivity just wont work.

I contacted Wacom, who is blaming HP for the problem. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Wacom's tablet PC driver. I have the latest BIOS and such from the HP support site, but I am wondering if there is a specific input driver I need to get this working? I'm really at a loss. I cant seem to find any such Tablet PC specific driver on HP's support site for this particular laptop.

Thanks in advance, everyone! :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation