Possible Software Package Mixup On An HP Download Page (123 Views)
Top Student
Mark_Fish
Message 1 of 2 (123 Views)
Accepted Solution

Possible Software Package Mixup On An HP Download Page

I have a Pavillion ze4500 and was downloading what was listed as a "WinFlash Utility for HP Notebook System BIOS Update -- Windows-Based" but when I installed it, what I got was (I hope) an updated help & support center. I don't mind installing the help & support utility - I needed that too - but the BIOS I thought I was downloading might have been the solution to my battery problem. Just thought I put the warning out in case anyone else comes across that particular page.

Top Student
Mark_Fish
Message 2 of 2 (101 Views)

Re: Possible Software Package Mixup On An HP Download Page

I made a mistake. Somehow I confused sp30513.exe with sp30514.exe and ended up installing the Help & Support Center software package (sp30513.exe) but thinking it was labeled sp30514 (BIOS Update software package). Sorry for my mixup. It was [for me] late at night and I wasn't as careful as I should have been in noticing what I was clicking on as both software packages were downloaded into the same folder on my computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation