Primary (Internal) Battery (601) (8227 Views)
Honor Student
OMGnotagain
Message 1 of 11 (8,227 Views)

Primary (Internal) Battery (601)

I am so confused.  I got this error message Primary (Internal) Battery (601) cannot boot to win 7.  So, i replaced the CMOS or RTC battery twice....still got the same issue.  Now, are they talking about the "battery" on the underside of the laptop or are they talking about the small coin size battery!

Please help.......

Student
ericbar
Message 2 of 11 (8,220 Views)

Re: Primary (Internal) Battery (601)

I have the same issue. except i have replaced teh CMOS battery once and the OS will load. I am on HP DV6 series laptop running windows 7 64BIT Home Prem.

Any ideas would be great.

Also i have noticed the external battery is drained.

I have also noticed the external battery is now fully charged after only about 30 to an hour, and Boolean popup says 100% charged, consinder replacing your battery.

So thats my next step.

Honor Student
OMGnotagain
Message 3 of 11 (8,213 Views)

i'm running a compaq presario cq-62 with win 7.

Master's Graduate
Matt_Lo
Message 4 of 11 (8,206 Views)

OMGnotagain wrote:

I am so confused.  I got this error message Primary (Internal) Battery (601) cannot boot to win 7.  So, i replaced the CMOS or RTC battery twice....still got the same issue.  Now, are they talking about the "battery" on the underside of the laptop or are they talking about the small coin size battery!

Please help.......

The error message refers to the battery on the bottom of the notebook that powers it when it's not connected to A/C power.  If you go into the F2 at startup or use HP Support Assistant, you can run a comprehensive battery test.

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
Honor Student
OMGnotagain
Message 5 of 11 (8,193 Views)

yes i did.....everything was fine except when it came to diagnos the battery, everything lead to the battery.  I was just confused if they were talking about the RTC or underside battery. 

Now, i know that i need a new battery.  lol, and i know that the RTC battery is brand new.......lmao.

Honor Student
txsborn1961
Message 6 of 11 (3,351 Views)

I know this is a year old posting but I am just now faced with two new batteries not working and I'm still getting same error.

My external battery works fine and keeps a charge. 

What do I do? ? I've tried everything, even swapping out the Hard Drive.  Anyone??? I have two Presario CQ60's and one is fine with no problem.  This other one will not let me do anything.  The new hard drives won't read either.  :smileysad:

Honor Student
txsborn1961
Message 7 of 11 (3,349 Views)

I'm getting the error but there is no "Battery Test" option when I press f2 or system configuration (or whatever part  I'm supposed to be at).

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 8 of 11 (3,286 Views)

Hello txborn1961.  I understand you're trying to run the diagnostic on your battery.

This document has the steps for running the diagnostic.  Let me know the result.

​Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Regents Professor
REO51ST
Message 9 of 11 (3,283 Views)

Welcome Txsborn.

Have you removed your MAIN battery then booted to see if the error goes away???

Let us know.

REO

****Click the Thumbs up to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

HP Expert Tester "Now testing HP Pavilion 15t i3-4030U Win8.1, 6GB RAM and 750GB HDD"
Microsoft Registered Refurbisher
Registered Microsoft Partner
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician Certification in progress.
Honor Student
winlugi
Message 10 of 11 (1,084 Views)

ok, everyone. 

I found the way. 

Try to replace the CMOS battery. It is usually CR2032 located inside the motherboard of the laptop.

Then update the BIOS info by go to the HP support, download the right BIOS (which supports your product + OS)

I think this is the last solution, if you can't fix it, you may leave, wont hurt anyone. It is waste of time to solve this problem as after 2 years old, seem like all HP laptop have this problem and they don't have good solution for that.

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation