Print Screen (7833 Views)
Honor Student
raybro
Message 1 of 4 (7,833 Views)

Print Screen

HP G71 laptop running windows 7 home Premium.

Keyboard has no "Print Screen" key. Googling the question mentioned the possibility of some combination of keys on some laptops may do it. Fn+insert was suggested, but no joy. Has Win 7 or HP done away with print screen as a keyboard function? Do I need to go 3rd party software?

Raybro

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 4 (7,823 Views)

Re: Print Screen

You don't need third party, Win 7 has " Snipping Tool" .Start, All Programs, Accessories.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
bytemare
Message 3 of 4 (7,177 Views)

Try Esc plus print screen.  That's what works on my HP laptop.  Sometimes tho it will close the window down when hitting esc. but for the most part this works.

Student
darkin
Message 4 of 4 (4,436 Views)

Obviously you didn't read the original post.  The HP G71 does not have a Print Screen key.

The snippet tool does work but sure is awkward to use.  There should be a shortcut key combination, like other computers.  It must have been invented by an engineer (I am one). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation