Print Screen (2440 Views)
Student
Donzoni
Message 1 of 7 (2,440 Views)

Print Screen

I need to send a screen print but for some reason I am unable to get a screen print to paste either in a Word document or in an email.  Can anyone help?

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 7 (2,430 Views)

Re: Print Screen

Hi, which version of Windows are you using?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
ThSQ
Message 3 of 7 (2,422 Views)

I have a similar problem.  I have a Presario CQ-615DX laptop, loaded with Windows 7 Home Premium and Internet Explorer 8.  When I attempt to capture a screen shot using the numeric keypad button marked "home/prt sc", I am then unable to PASTE an image into Windows Paint (and probably elsewhere) as I have done in the past with other versions of Windows.  A moment ago, I read something  here in another post about the association of the Num Loc key with various other keys and will try that after I complete this post.  I also read something about the association of the "fn" key with respect to various functions.  I have searched Help data bases in both HP and Windows 7 but I am unable to find anything specific relating to "how to create a screen shot" using your new Presario-615DX laptop. button marked "prt/sc". I am bewildered and would appreciate any advice.  Thanks.

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 4 of 7 (2,420 Views)

Hi, Win7 comes with a free tool called "Snipping Tool", give it a try.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
ThSQ
Message 5 of 7 (2,413 Views)

Thank you, 8Lives -- The Snipping Tool is an excellent solution to my delimma.  I will use it regularly and not loose ANY sleep, while I try to uncover why the Altec Lansing, numeric, keypad, button marked "Home/prt sc" is functionless. Snipping Tool appears to have not only the ability to capture a FULL SCREEN shot but also the ability to manipulate the image with several interesting tools. ThSQ

Student
LyssaB
Message 6 of 7 (2,235 Views)

I am using a HP Mini 110 with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8. I tried to print the screen by pressing the 'prt sc' button but it doesn't work. How do you print the screen?

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 7 of 7 (2,225 Views)

PrtScrn captures the whole screen to the Windows clipboard.

Paste (Ctrl-V) it into any application that supports graphics.

I do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation