Question

Student
carmenL
Message 1 of 2 (4,386 Views)

ProBook 6550b - can not boot from cd

Just purchased a ProBook 6550b and need to install Win Xp instead of Windows7.  I put a WinXp in the cd drive but I do not get a prompt to Press any key to boot from cd.  When I first started, I did get a prompt but my cd was corrompted so I had to start over again and now I do not get the prompt.  I might have changed something in the BIOS when I pressed F9 and then Enter...

PhD Student
Knute
Message 2 of 2 (4,365 Views)

Re: ProBook 6550b - can not boot from cd

F9 should get you into the boot options, but you can also go into the BIOS and set Boot to CD/DVD as the first in the boot order (be sure to change it after installing the OS or it will be a pain everytime the machine reboots with a CD in it).

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation