Question

Honor Student
KatieChen
Message 1 of 9 (22,016 Views)

Problem caused by SoftThinks!!

This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between this version of Windows and SoftThinks.

This product is usually distributed by the company that manufactured your device or computer.

Note
If you bought SoftThinks from a retailer and installed it yourself, you will need to contact its manufacturer.

This is from windows problem reports

i do not know how to deal with it

PLEASE

THANK YOLU VERY MUCH!:smileyhappy:

Honor Student
KatieChen
Message 2 of 9 (22,013 Views)

Re: Problem caused by SoftThinks!!

the product no is

pavilion dv5 -1139tx

Student
Visitor999
Message 3 of 9 (21,959 Views)

The possible issue here is the one the one attached where the fix is available on HP’s website: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-6...  Release Date: 2008-09-10           Version: 1.00 A      Description 

This package provides an HP update for the Microsoft BitLocker Program for the supported notebook models and operating systems.

The Microsoft BitLocker Program (BLService.exe) monitors the partition header and corrects MBR (the system boot sector) if needed. When Microsoft BitLocker is enabled and the MBR is changed, BLservice.exe starts to correct it.
  Fixes 

Fixes an issue where an error, which indicates that the BLService.exe has stopped working, is displayed when an external USB drive is connected to the notebook. After installing this update, the Microsoft BitLocker Program only monitors the internal hard drive.
Honor Student
KatieChen
Message 4 of 9 (21,905 Views)

thanks for answering me

i have tried

but the laptop still notice this problem

Student
KathleenG
Message 5 of 9 (20,625 Views)

I have this same issue/message on an HP tx2510.  Should I try the fix above or is there another?
Student
billmaillet
Message 6 of 9 (15,556 Views)

I am having the same problem with softthinks. Does HP have a fix. I did not load this software, it came with the computer.

Student
averroes1
Message 7 of 9 (14,851 Views)

I also have frequent crashes of my laptop Pavillion tx2000 or tx2500 CTO and the Problems report indicate that Softthinks is not compatible with Vista and there is no solution available?!

Student
ikeler
Message 8 of 9 (12,609 Views)

I have been having the same problem wih my HP Pavilion dv7-1133cl.

Does anybody have a fix or status on the issue?

Student
JTValerie
Message 9 of 9 (8,029 Views)

I kept getting these boxws appear as soon as I opened this laptop but I have downloaded your link you have, I don't know what it will do but I hope it does help.

could you tell me what it does. I have looked for it in the programs but can't recognise it probably you could tell me

hope to hear from you

Yours Sincerely

JTValerie

JTValerie
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation