Problem with Left and Right Arrow Keys (4533 Views)
Honor Student
ZTucker
Message 1 of 5 (4,533 Views)

Problem with Left and Right Arrow Keys

I recently purchased the HP Pavilion dv6-3217cl and the left and right arrow keys are not working. I have looked up other users with similar issues on their laptop computers but the only answer that is ever given is to send your laptop in for repair. I really don't want to do that so is there any possible solution to this? The up and down arrow keys work perfectly fine but I cannot use the left or right arrows in any application. 

Master's Graduate
Matt_Lo
Message 2 of 5 (4,524 Views)

Re: Problem with Left and Right Arrow Keys

Hello ZTucker,

Try to boot into your BIOS by pressing F10 at startup and see if you can use the left/right arrow keys to navigate the BIOS menus.  If you cannot, then you know it's a hardware issue.

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
Honor Student
ZTucker
Message 3 of 5 (4,507 Views)

Unfortunately it looks like it is a hardware issue. I cannot use the side arrows to navigate menus in computer BIOS.

Student
mcable16
Message 4 of 5 (4,310 Views)

Would this also apply for the up and down arrows?  I recently cleaned by laptop with compressed air and now the up and down arrows work but the lag and don't scroll like they use too.  They are choppy and delayed. 

Student
jepjava
Message 5 of 5 (993 Views)

don't repair it, maybe it's a software issue because iread lot of forums and i noticed that all of them having a problem like ours is using HP pavilion.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation