Question

Tutor
Fw1980
Message 1 of 3 (5,162 Views)

Problem with my hp dv2000 notebook overheating

Hi guys hope u can help , I have been having problems with my notebook dv2014eu overheating with temps getting to 112c according to software called speedfan

This is with the laptop sitting on a cold table , if i run anything like dvd`s it heats up then just shuts off

I allso have a problem with switching the notebook on some times , all the lights come on on the notebook but the screen does not come on , if i turn it on and off a few times it does come back

only other we thing is the light next to the power light to show u have the ac power pluged in does not seem to work

any idea`s as of what could be wrong , its running on vista , i have been on the health check hp website and it says all is ok ?

thanks for any help

Grad Student
Vaika
Message 2 of 3 (5,123 Views)

Re: Problem with my hp dv2000 notebook overheating

Where are the vents on the PC?  Are they on the bottom or on the sides?  If you have no side vents and you have bottom vents only, you will want to either prop up the notebook so that the bottom vents have access to free-flowing air or purchase a cooling pad that provides some space on the bottom so the PC has adequate ventilation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My posts are my opinions and experiences from working in the tech industry :smileyhappy:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tutor
Zack
Message 3 of 3 (5,070 Views)

Re: Problem with my hp dv2000 notebook overheating

Hi,

In addition to the what fellow collegue said you can go to Hp.com an update the BIOS to the latest version.  If still its the samethen contact Hp support.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation