Question

Student
Noor_Shahnewaz
Message 1 of 2 (79 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problem with power

Hi,

I m using pavilion g4 series and running win7. Currently there is a problem with power connection, while it’s going on hibernation mode it doesn’t start back normally, have to give hard restart though the power button still showing in power. On the other hand when I shut it down the power button has again still in power and I have to press it for at least 20-30 sec to put it off. Please help me out…

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 2 (60 Views)

Re: Problem with power

Hi @Noor_Shahnewaz ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that once your computer goes to sleep you are unable to wake it or resume.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you ran The HP Support Assistant aid with HP updates.

Here is a link to Resolving Problems with Sleep and Hibernate Modes (Windows 7) to assist you.

I have also located this response from the Microsoft community that may help.  computer will not wake from sleepmode

I hope this helps.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation