Question

Honor Student
JohnsL
Message 1 of 4 (2,226 Views)

Problems with HP Envy 14

Hi,

I've just bought  Hp Envy 14 (i7 720QM ,4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD) and yet i faced some problems that worried me.

First of all after 3 days of my usage in which i only used 30/500 GB of harddisk C driver started to give errors.I used system restore as suggested although it failed a couple of times at my 4th try it worked.Just after a day from this incident (today) my laptop failed to power up.It was like the power button stuck.I could hear all the usual sounds (fans,processor) and see all the usual lights but before it displayed anything it shutdown then tried to power up automatically again.This chain reaction(power up/power down) kept going until i removed the battery.I couldn't find anyother possible solution at that time.Later on when i reinstalled the battery and turned on my laptop windows asked me to start in secure mode like it's a software failure.

I'd be really happy if anyone could help with my problem 

Note:I googled for this issue but end up with nothing probably because envy 14 has just released.

Thank You

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 4 (2,190 Views)

Re: Problems with HP Envy 14

Hi,

At the end of this message you wrote:

Later on when i reinstalled the battery and turned on my laptop windows asked me to start in secure mode like it's a software failure.

So what's the problem now. What happend when you switched it on again.

Is system startting in normal mode? Have you got any other problems?

If it's working correct now then it looks then everything is fine.

For sure it will be good to test HDD, because you switched it off in very risky way.
In below guide you will find all informations how you may do this:
How to test RAM and HDD (Hard Drive).

If you've got still this problem then it may be good to contact with dealer and ask them to replace it on the same model, because of hardware problems with current one.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Honor Student
JohnsL
Message 3 of 4 (2,177 Views)

I ran a HDD test as soon as I read the message. My HDD passed the test without any problems. However I'm still not comfortable with the solution because i believe the problem is with the hardware.Especially the parts that play role in starting up the computer. I've never seen ,heard or read such a problem.It was very bizarre. Laptop continously tried to power up although it failed every time and the " 10 sec power on button press" didn't work at that time. The thing is, it wasn't a software failure because the machine started up itself (i just sat and watched , did nothing)over and over again. (Failed-restarted-failed-restarted...) and couldn't even open Quickweb (which it normally does independantly from OS).

Are there any possible ways to test the hardware that is responsible for the electric distribution or start up?

Thank you

Student
blink182lisna
Message 4 of 4 (1,875 Views)

Next time when your hardware craps out like that again, when the computer seems stuck, look at the Caps Lock button. If it is blinking, then refer to the chart on this page: http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSe...

I hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation