Question

Student
pantlesspenguin
Message 1 of 4 (7,649 Views)

Prt Sc button not working

I just got this computer (G71) a couple weeks ago.  I tried taking a screen capture the normal way, the Prt Sc button, then pasting into word.  However, I'd press the Prt Sc button & I don't have the ability to past into word!  The paste option is grayed out, & Ctrl V doesn't work, either.  Help!

Student
lperkins52
Message 2 of 4 (7,619 Views)

Re: Prt Sc button not working

I am having the same problem with my new laptop, I thought it might be because I was not used to the new OP. When I was looking for information on it I found your post so I guess I'm not the only one with the problem and it is probably not due to the OP. I hope someone can help soon because I need it for a online class.

Student
neumans2000
Message 3 of 4 (7,412 Views)

HP laptop info - See the key that has "fn" on it? See how it has a box around it? That is the Function key. Holding it down and pressing any of the other keys that have a box around them activates the secondary function of that key. So, in order to Print Screen, hold down the FN key and hit the Insert key.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (7,404 Views)

pantlesspenguin wrote:

I just got this computer (G71) a couple weeks ago.  I tried taking a screen capture the normal way, the Prt Sc button, then pasting into word.  However, I'd press the Prt Sc button & I don't have the ability to past into word!  The paste option is grayed out, & Ctrl V doesn't work, either.  Help!

Try holding the Ctrl key and then tapping the PrtScr key and then Ctrl-V to WordPad..  You can verify that a keyboard problem exists by plugging in a usb keyboard and trying the PrtScr routine.

regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation