Question

Student
steveiebee
Message 1 of 4 (35,827 Views)

'REPLACE WITH HP SPARE' STICKER ON POWER SUPPLY? Loss of power and unable to charge

I have had my HP Compaq laptop since Christmas and everything has been smooth until last week. I got the usual sign that the battery was low and when i plugged in my power supply i was then unable to recharge it again.

I tried my power supply on another laptop and it does not work anymore. On closer inspection i found a sticker on the back of my power supply saying -

REPLACE WITH HP SPARE

463958-001 

8K099

Is this usual? Does this have anything to do with why my supply has fail after only three months of minimal use?

Also is there any warranty on power supplies and can i get a new one sent out to me a.s.a.p as i need information from my machine!!

HELP!!

Thanks

Steve

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 4 (35,818 Views)

Re: 'REPLACE WITH HP SPARE' STICKER ON POWER SUPPLY? Loss of power and unable to charge

[ Edited ]

"Replace with HP Spare" label is on many components of HP machines.You have a standard 1 yr  warranty » Contact HP

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
nickboss12
Message 3 of 4 (7,558 Views)

Re: 'REPLACE WITH HP SPARE' STICKER ON POWER SUPPLY? Loss of power and unable to charge

I have this on my back pannel it also has dirt all over my hard drive and on the back of the pannel.

PhD Student
GeorgeFN
Message 4 of 4 (7,533 Views)

Sounds like CherylG's answer would apply to you too.  If your computer is under warranty and needs warranty work, you should contact HP.

Wishing you the best,

GeorgeFN
I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation