Question

Student
musiemusie
Message 1 of 3 (2,783 Views)

Recovery Partinion HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook. PLEASE HELP.

[ Edited ]

Hi I have a problem with my HP Pavilion Dv6 Notebook. I want to reset it to the the original factory settings. And i have red that you need to start up your pc then click F11 for reboot. But my computer says that i need a disk, that I didnt get with this new laptop, and a black screen appears and i cant continue. I have also been in HP "Recovery Manager" and have clicked "Reset computer to original factory settings" then it says: "Your computer does not have Recovery Partinion. BUT IT DOES HAVE! In Recovery ( D : ) I have it. Recovery, boot, preload etc. I do have Recovery Partinion. Now my question will be. How can i fix this error with F11 that says i need a disk and why does my computer say that I dont have Recovery Partinion in recovery manager? Now do I have to burn Recovery ( D : ) to a CD? I hope you can answer ASAP.

Master's Graduate
Mahadev_Tech
Message 2 of 3 (2,770 Views)

Re: Recovery Partinion HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook. PLEASE HELP.

Hi,

Looks like the recovery partition has got corrupted.

You will have to purchase a set of RCD.

You can order RCD online

Before you place an order for RCD also run a start up test from system diagnostic to make sure all the componets are working fine. 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped**
Student
kakra200
Message 3 of 3 (2,607 Views)

Re: Recovery Partition HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook. PLEASE HELP.

It's just being two days ago when I bought my pavilion dv6. I happened to download opera mini and the norton internet security was preventing me from downloading the opera mini software. I therefore uninstalled the norton and the downloading of the opera mini and other softwares like mozilla and yahoo messenger as well as explorer 9 was possible. I did also download Matthew Henry's Commentary which was also successful, but after I had deleted it from the download section from the opera mini software, all my programmes on the icons and on the start menu all turned into explorer 9. Now as I write to you, all my programmes have turned to adobe reader 10

Please do help me. I really need all my programmes back to enable me to do some work being given to me at school.

GODWIN k. NKETSIAH

Ghana

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation