Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

i bought my laptop on second hand, so i don't have any invoice for it.

Can HP support help me?

How can i contact them?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Raymond_Chan wrote:

Remove RTC battery - only reset the clock but not the BIOS password

Contact HP support - The waranty for the HP 2230s in problem had expired.

Cand agree with U Raymond.

RTC does help with bios pswd but mostly in older bioses versions - those entirely blue. In newest like Efi Bioses when U can pick options using touchpad for example RCT helps really rare.

Still HP does have tools to reset password if bios release is not older than i mentioned before:)

regards

_____________ _ _ _
click on Kudos if i helped U 😄
HP Recommended

@Ptysiol wrote:

Cand agree with U Raymond.

RTC does help with bios pswd but mostly in older bioses versions - those entirely blue. In newest like Efi Bioses when U can pick options using touchpad for example RCT helps really rare.

Still HP does have tools to reset password if bios release is not older than i mentioned before:)

regards

I have tried serval times to remove the battery for over a week. Then I reinsert the battery and power on the laptop, it response with "500 - BIOS recovery" and prompt me to enter the password.  

HP Recommended

it does the same think for me.

HP Recommended

Yes, Raymond, like i've said RTC is not a 100% sollution but a option. Not always works.

U're right about and i agree but its always worth to check - obviously if it does not need to system board remove from laptop cause it damage warranty.

_____________ _ _ _
click on Kudos if i helped U 😄
HP Recommended

For some user this may be difficult to do but if you have the time it can be done.

I have used this forum for years and have cleared 100's of passwords with there help.

I am also a moderator for the hardware section.

http://www.allservice.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1169&highlight=2230s

Let us know what you think.

HP Recommended

please try if you can help me with this please, if i type in a code,

After 3 failure attempts, it show up a "On Screen Keyboard". When you press the enter key, it will show up a screen showing "Authentication Failed" and "System Locked Press the power button to restart the system".

FYI, my laptop is HP Compaq 2230s s/n: [edited by Moderator] p/n:FU312EA#ABU

HP Recommended

Ernest.

Did your code work???

I thought I sent you one???

Let me know.

HP Recommended

ya, THANKS alot.....it worked, but if i restarte the system it will ask for the code. once again thank's.

HP Recommended
Brother, is there hope in this???. please help me.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.