Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ernest.

Use your code to go into the bios.

Go to security and reset any password that is set.

Use that code when is asks for current password.

When asked for new password just hit enter.

When it asks to verify password just hit enter.

Make sure to save then exit.

Let me know.

HP Recommended

Thanks it worked

HP Recommended

please try if you can help me with this please, if i type in a code,

After 3 failure attempts, it show up a "On Screen Keyboard". When you press the enter key, it will show up a screen showing "Authentication Failed" and "System Locked Press the power button to restart the system".

FYI, my laptop is HP Compaq 2230s s/n: [edited Serial Number by Moderator] p/n:FU312EA#ABU

HP Recommended

My friend gave me an old HP2230s (with broken harddrive) for fixing and it asks BIOS password. I need to install windows to a new harddrive but the BIOS password prevents this. Can You help me also?

s/n: [Personal Information Removed]

p/n: FU313EA#AK8

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem with a mainboard for the 6730s buyed online, can you help me?

HP Recommended

Nobody is here?

HP Recommended

Hello I'm having the same problem with the same laptop (2230).
How silly to set a password in the first place.

I've tried flashing the bios (will not boot usb stick), flashing from windows (enter password ) and removing the RTC battery overnight. Bios is simply "recovered".

Can anyone help?
Thanks

HP Recommended

pls I have same problem my laptop is HP Compaq 2230s with s/n:[Personal Information Removed], P/N: FU312ET#ABU

CAN U HELP the the password

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm in the same situation "BIOS Administrator" password is required and after 3 tries, on screen keyboard appears.

New try and I get a message stating that the system is locked.

No code to provide to you.

Is there some possible solution?

HP Recommended

Max.

You need to contact HP Support.

OR

Replace the BIOS chip.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNLOCK-HP-ELITEBOOK-BIOS-PASSWORD-CHIP-2230s-2530p-2540p-2730p-2740p-8530p-8...

REO

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.