Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My NC6320 has a card reader at front for SD-MS/PRO.MMC.SM.XD Cards.

OS= XP Pro + SP3

It appears not to be working when a SD Card is inserted as nothing shows up as a 'removal drive' as if when I insert a flash or external hdd drive into USB.

Any tips of what to check for if it's working or of any software or drivers needed. And where to find this in the Devices.

thanks

HP 2000-2a20CA Notebook with Windows 10 64Bit.
Dell Inspiron 15-3552 Notebook with Windows 10 64Bit
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Paul

Hi,

Could you check below solution.

Uninstall your current driver for Texas Card Reader.

Now install Texas Instruments Media Card Reader Driver sp38607 ver 2.0.0.8 A

Note:

If there will not be any option for standard uninstalation then download installation file of your current driver and run it.

You should see the proposals to uninstall the driver.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
HP Recommended

According to the PDF manual I've found for my NC6320, the slot I've reffered to is known as 'Digital Media Slot'.

The manual also says its for selected models only. But how do I know if mine is a selected model to have such a working slot, also mine has a LED alongside to show when a card is inserted.

But this shows nothing too.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I have an nc6400 with the same problem. All drivers loaded. No ? devices. There is an SD controller driver listed in the Device mgr. I insert an SD card, and nothing happens. Once I inserted one and it showed up in my computer but it said it needed to be formatted.

I read that some SD cards are not compatible with the SD card readers in our PC's.

I have pretty much given up hope that my notebook will read SD cards from that slot. I tried 2 brands. One gave the disk needs to be formatted, and one did absolutely nothing.

I guess the only workaround is to plug the camera into one of the USB slots and access the SD card that way.

Paul

HP Recommended

@Paul

Hi,

Could you check below solution.

Uninstall your current driver for Texas Card Reader.

Now install Texas Instruments Media Card Reader Driver sp38607 ver 2.0.0.8 A

Note:

If there will not be any option for standard uninstalation then download installation file of your current driver and run it.

You should see the proposals to uninstall the driver.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that it works a treat.

Thanks again

Tel

HP Recommended

happypouch wrote:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that it works a treat.

Thanks again

Sorry for dumb question.

Is my solution working for you or you just telling thanks to Paul for his reply?

I need to confirm this because I'm not sure is this problem solved or not. 😉

HP Recommended

Hi, Daniel:

I'll try it on my nc6400 tonight & let you know one way or the other. I am at work right now.

BTW, I am running W7 x64 on my nc6400.

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi Daniel

Sorry, I replied to your reply using the name '@Paul' thinking thats the name to answer to.

Yes as you suggested uninstalling and downloading the driver from the link, works fine.

I had downloaded SP32017 and SP33416 without any joy.

Sorry for the mixup, Thanks again

Tel

HP Recommended

Hi, Daniel:

Well, unfortunately that driver didn't work for me. My 2 cards do the same thing. One asks to be formatted and one doesn't do a thing.

I would have to assume the card reader has an issue.

But your solution fixed one person's issue. I never use the card reader anyway. I just like to know that everything on my PC works.

Thanks,

Paul

HP Recommended

pjtikkanen wrote:

Well, unfortunately that driver didn't work for me. My 2 cards do the same thing. One asks to be formatted and one doesn't do a thing.

I would have to assume the card reader has an issue.

One question. Have you tried to install this driver in XP and Vista compatibility mode?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.