08-21-2014 09:00 AM
My laptop fails to show up that I have an SD card inserted so that I can transfer files. It will also not recognise my Nexus 4 phone when plugged in the USB socket. No problem with my Seagate portable drive or USB sticks! Any suggestions welcome. I have downloaded latest driver from HP site.
08-22-2014 01:03 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
I have read your post on how the SD card reader is not working on your notebook computer, that your Phone is not able to charge on it, and I would be happy to assist you!
To further diagnose your SD media card reader and other USB ports, I recommend following the steps below:
1. Open DEVICE MANAGER
2. Open up USB ROOT CONTROLLERS
3. Right click on the USB ROOT HUB CONTROLLERS and click PROPERTIES
4. Click on POWER MANAGEMENT at the top.
5. Remove the check mark beside : ALLOW THE COMPUTER TO TURN OFF THIS DEVICE TO SAVE POWER
6. Click OK
7. Close DEVICE MANAGER and test.
For further assistance, I will need to know:
- If your notebook can read a different SD card in the port, matching the Product Specifications.
- If the USB devices you have plugged into your computer are 2.0 or 3.0.
- If you are able to charge and connect your Phone on a different computer.
- The version of Windows you have installed on your computer.
- If your computer has completed all of its important Windows Updates.
- If you have updated your HP drivers using the HP Support Assistant.
- If this is an on-going, or recent issue.
Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information above. I look forward to your reply!