Question

Student
aluk49
Message 1 of 2 (119 Views)

SD card reader not working on TouchSmart 15-n065sa Notebook

My laptop fails to show up that I have an SD card inserted so that I can transfer files.  It will also not recognise my Nexus 4 phone when plugged in the USB socket. No problem with my Seagate portable drive or USB sticks!  Any suggestions welcome.  I have downloaded latest driver from HP site.

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 2 of 2 (98 Views)

Re: SD card reader not working on TouchSmart 15-n065sa Notebook

Hello aluk49,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how the SD card reader is not working on your notebook computer, that your Phone is not able to charge on it, and I would be happy to assist you!

To further diagnose your SD media card reader and other USB ports, I recommend following the steps below:

1. Open DEVICE MANAGER
2. Open up USB ROOT CONTROLLERS 
3. Right click on the USB ROOT HUB CONTROLLERS and click PROPERTIES
4. Click on POWER MANAGEMENT at the top.
5. Remove the check mark beside : ALLOW THE COMPUTER TO TURN OFF THIS DEVICE TO SAVE POWER
6. Click OK
7. Close DEVICE MANAGER and test.

For further assistance, I will need to know:

1. If your notebook can read a different  SD card in the port, matching the Product Specifications.
  2. If the USB devices you have plugged into your computer are 2.0 or 3.0.
  3. If you are able to charge and connect your Phone on a different computer.
  4. The version of Windows you have installed on your computer.
  5. If your computer has completed all of its important Windows Updates.
  6. If you have updated your HP drivers using the HP Support Assistant.
  7. If this is an on-going, or recent issue.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information above. I look forward to your reply!

Regards :smileyhappy:

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation