Question

Honor Student
madlizard
Message 1 of 6 (25,626 Views)

SDHC memory cards unreadable

I have the Notebook Pavilion dv4275nr and it won't read my 4GB SDHC card. I've updated the driver for the media reader and the most recent driver dates back July 2005!  HP Customer support gave me that update.  I've researched other support forums but none mention HP.  Please help!
Intern
Intern
DrT
Message 2 of 6 (25,670 Views)

Re: SDHC memory cards unreadable

Well, it's either the card or the computer. Can you read the card on any other device?

I've had cards go bad, unreadible, but it's rare, but not zero probability. Is it for another device, like a camera ?

Be sure the card is readible by another device then report back that the card works on other devices.

Jeff
Honor Student
madlizard
Message 3 of 6 (25,617 Views)

thanks for your response....I bought the SDHC card for my DSLR camera. The camera is able to read it and I'm able to record on it and if I plug my camera into my laptop with a USB cable, I'm able to download and view the pictures. When I insert the card into my laptop's cardreader, it doesn't even know it was inserted. No error message, no sound like there usually is when something new is plugged in.

I had this issue before when I had a 2GB SD card and had to download some update from HP.  I'm just wondering if there's a newer update to be able to read the SDHC cards.

Intern
Intern
DrT
Message 4 of 6 (25,613 Views)

For XP, you can get BIOS F.21 (dated 01.2007) if it's newer, and they have the

Media card Reader Driver 2.0.0.1 A dated 07.2005 and oher opdates for Windows XP SP 2.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=1130596

I got to the HP drive page by starting at Google and typing in "HP DV4275nr drivers" and followed the link that looked like this (the link is above)

1. HP Pavilion dv4275nr Notebook PC
It took me to the pages that eventually land on the XP Driver page I show above.
Jeff
Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 6 (25,607 Views)

Try this driver:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33001-33500/sp33439.exe

Btw,much easier way than Google to find a models drivers is using the button at top of this page_"Support & Drivers".

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
georgevier
Message 6 of 6 (14,535 Views)

mil gracias, esto me funciono perfectamente

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation