SIM card slot??? (7074 Views)
Honor Student
tosmith1
Message 1 of 4 (7,074 Views)
Accepted Solution

SIM card slot???

Hello, I have a DV4i-2100 notebook. I had the battery out the other day checking for dust and in the battery compartment or bay I saw a SD card icon with SIM printed in it and a slot at the front of the battery compartment.

Is this for a SD card and if so can it be used for an extra storage drive?

I downloaded the parts manual but could not find any reference to it.

Thanks

Top Student
gusquare
Message 2 of 4 (7,071 Views)

Re: SIM card slot???

Hello, tosmith1!

This is not an SD card slot, it’s rather a SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) or SIM card like the one on your cell phone, and is used on notebooks PCs that have a WWAN card to connect to the 3G networks of cell phone companies. If your computer did not shipped with WWAN card, this slot will not be of much use.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Soy empleado de HP, pero estoy hablando por mí mismo y no por HP.
PhD Student
Bookworm
Message 3 of 4 (7,067 Views)

I took a look on line at HP.com for your model and in the "Notebook PC User guide" http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01944573.pdf

It does list 

(6)

located inside the battery bay.

SIM slot (select models only) Contains a subscriber identity module (SIM). The SIM slot is located inside the battery bay"

Being a SIM slot would imply it is for WWAN connection card like in a cell phone

I am an HP employee
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
Honor Student
tosmith1
Message 4 of 4 (7,059 Views)

Thank you for the information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation