Question

Tutor
ughee
Message 1 of 5 (1,889 Views)
Accepted Solution

SimplePass Finger Swipe Problem Internet Logon

I just got my DM4 in the end of April.  It has Egistec ver 7.0.33.0 and came with IE8.  The SimplePass icon DID (past-tense) pop up in the top left when I visited websites that needed logon/passwords.  I planned to use that feature but didn’t get a chance.  It stopped working.  I still had IE8, but had since downloaded Norton 360 for security.  I’ve reinstalled HP SimplePass twice.  No luck.  Yesterday I was prompted for the IE9 update, which I did.  Everything is still working the same.  The computer logon and application launcher work but not the internet password part.  Could the problem be related to a setting in Norton?  Thanks.

Tutor
ughee
Message 2 of 5 (1,820 Views)

Re: SimplePass Finger Swipe Problem Internet Logon

FYI--for anyone who might have the same problem.  I uninstalled Norton 360 (with reboot) then reinstalled it.  That fixed my problem!  It's working with IE9 fine.

Honor Student
helipilot
Message 3 of 5 (1,198 Views)

I have the same issue, but I don't run Norton I run Microsoft Security Essentials...

I don't know why it stopped prompting me to save a website and password. Now that I have "enrolled" my fingerprints, I would actually like to be prompted. Any ideas?

Student
schank
Message 4 of 5 (777 Views)

I have the same problem with a Pavilion DV6. It used to work fine, but I had to replace hardrive recently, and this version of simplepass is not letting me add any websites. Like you, it logs me in ok, but doesn't recognize login screens.

I am running only CA security which worked fine before.

Can anyone help us?

Schank

Student
taniadeglaoui
Message 5 of 5 (713 Views)

i need help plz my swiper finger doesnt work i install everything i need the  site to download it thx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation