Question

Top Student
Sebok92
Message 1 of 12 (1,214 Views)

SimplePass - TrueAPI

I Have big problem . I try to install my finger driver on my hp pavilion dv7-7000em windows 7 64bit . I have full instal drivers for finger but i can't install simplePass . Everytime when i try instal i see dosen't found TrueAPI x64 . what i mus't to do now ? I can't find reason on internet about this

Thx for answear

Sebo 

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 12 (1,201 Views)

Re: SimplePass - TrueAPI

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the HP forum, Sebok.

Have you ever successfully installed SimplePass onto your computer prior to this attempt?

OR

Did SimplePass come installed in the system when you first purchased the computer?

If you answered yes to either question, and SimplePass has been on the system in the past, then the following solution might work.

HP SimplePass Installation – TrueAPI Missing

Your HP Experts are here to help.

Click the Kudos Star!  It is a great “Thank You” for the Author.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Top Student
Sebok92
Message 3 of 12 (1,185 Views)

[ Edited ]

hello again ! 

unfortunately still the same problem: (I installed the new system Windows 7 (64 bit).i'm using google chrome, but I tried to install firefox and I still have this problem. shows this window (see right) when they try to install SimplePass. I have no idea what I'm now do it.

Waiting for further response

Please let me know which drivers I need to do so. and what is the trueAPI x64 ?!?!

screen.jpg

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 4 of 12 (1,176 Views)

Sebok,

I cannot read the details or the text on that jpg -- I suspect the installation window is asking you to click "Install" - please do so.

In most cases, the installation will proceed as needed -- when it does not, then it hangs on the TrueAPI.dll file.  THIS appears to be symptomatic of the bigger issue; I think the message has to say something, so it says it is missing that one .dll file.

Can you rephrase this statement:

but I tried to install firefox and I still have this problem. shows this window (see right) when they try to install SimplePass.

There might be an issue with order-of-events; I need to be sure I understand the order in which you installed the  programs so I can think about how it might be fixed.

I am sorry; I am a bit confused:

You said: "I installed the new system Windows 7 (64 bit)"

• I think you have said that you have just reinstalled the Operating System - Windows 7, is this correct?

• Did you install Firefox first?

OR

• Did you try to install SimplePass first (before Firefox)?

• Also, Which version of Firefox are you trying to install?

• Did you install Chrome before you installed SimplePass?

If I can understand the order in which you have completed installing everything, maybe I can try and help.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Top Student
Sebok92
Message 5 of 12 (1,168 Views)

hi again 

thanks for the reply

2 days ago I reinstalled my windows 7 again (I thought that maybe this helps)but not :smileysad:

• I think you have said that you have just reinstalled the Operating System - Windows 7, is this correct?

Yes . 

• Did you install Firefox first? 

Yes 

• Did you try to install SimplePass first (before Firefox)?

No 

• Also, Which version of Firefox are you trying to install?

12.0 Mozilla < I have installed it now . but I also have Google Chrome> Version 28.0.1500.95 m meyby this is a problem ? But i don't think 

• Did you install Chrome before you installed SimplePass?

Yes . 

For reason . When I press to install SimplePass, I press next, next, extract files and when i want to install it shows a window that you can see on the right PrintScreen

regards

sebo

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 6 of 12 (1,165 Views)

Sebok,

I cannot see the picture you posted -- perhaps my screen is not high-enough resolution.  I do not know what the error message says.

• Firefox 12 will work with SimplePass V6.0.100.272
  • As of a few weeks ago, SimplePass V6.0.100.272 would work with the latest version of Chrome (things do change - this could be "old information")

Order of Events is important -- I do have a hard time explaining this sometimes, so ask if I do not make it clear. 

You should do things in a particular order when you are dealing with SimplePass -- there are so many internal hooks and dependencies that is it easy to screw up the SimplePass database.  It is apparently a fragile bit of code.  Even doing everything right sometimes fails, but usually if the hardware is good and the OS is stable, completing the installation steps in the correct order DOES increase your chances of success.  The problem is figuring out "the correct order".  In my experience, SimplePass is fragile, fussy, intractable code.  I love the program, and I hate it, too.  Smiling.

I can usually get it to work -- and I have royally messed up SimplePass; whether this procedure will work might depend on whether you catch and extract all the "hooks" that SimplePass and the other programs have dug into the system.  I do not have access to the SimplePass code and I am not an expert at this; I just have a bit of experience working with the code - and breaking it on occasion.

You might try the following.  Be sure to include the Reboots and Restarts as suggested -- SimplePass is REAL fond of having the computer rebooted when changes are made.

• Download, or check to see that you still have, the installation packages for Chrome, Firefox, and the latest version of SimplePass.
  • If you can, Open SimplePass and Export your Webcards (make a backup of your SimplePass websites and passwords).
  • After exporting your Bookmarks / Favorites, Delete / Uninstall the following programs using this removal program:

Fixit

Chrome

Firefox

• Shut down the system to a cold stop.  Wait 4 seconds.   Reboot the system and log in
  • Use  Fixit to Remove SimplePass
  • If found on the system, then Delete the following folders: 

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AuthenTec
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\AuthenTec

• Shut down the system to a cold stop.  Wait 4 seconds.   Reboot the system and log in
  • Open SimplePass and set up the basics only:  Enroll fingerprints
  • Restart / Reboot the computer and log in
  • Install Firefox - do not run it yet and do not yet Import your bookmarks
  • Install Chrome - do not run it yet and do not yet import your Favorites
  • If you have such, now Import your tsd backup file to recover your Webcards
  • Open Firefox and Import bookmarks.  Close Firefox.
  • Open Chrome and Import Favorites - close Chrome

One last time:

=====================================================================================

Assuming the hardware is OK, and it almost always is OK -- if this does not work, then you might just try doing a Windows 8 Refresh on your system, and that is AFTER you make a complete set of backups -- maybe a duplicate set of personal file backups onto a USB stick.  Make sure you have all your programs in a condition where you can reinstall them -- the Refresh will remove anything from the Start Screen that was not purchased from the Windows Store.

Details on doing backups and a Refresh upon Request.

Good Luck!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Top Student
Sebok92
Message 7 of 12 (1,159 Views)

Hii ! 

I did what you wrote. It did not help: (I got this laptop two weeks and i never finish to install SimplePass. Whenever install can not find or install those,, trueAPI,, . Dont know what this is. Please help

for open this print screen click right button mouse and click open on full Resolution then u can see this picture better

Please for next help

Regards

sebo

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 8 of 12 (1,155 Views)

I do not know what else to advise you to try:

The backwards installation (browsers before security software) may have tangled it.  I would think the Refresh would fix that.

If you tried the procedure and you backed up your system, and you tried the Refresh, then

in my opinion, your next option is a Windows 8 Reset. 

Windows 8 Reset is a bigger deal -- Windows 8 Reset wipes out your Operating System and reinstalls everything.  You REALLY need a complete set of backups before you attempt the Windows 8 Reset.

HP PCs - Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows8) - c03538721

Use this document to learn how to use the new system refresh utility in Windows 8.

HP PCs - Backing Up Your Files (Windows 8)

Reset Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 8)

Advanced Startup Options - Repair, Refresh, Diagnostics

Open Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8

======================================================================================

We have other HP forum Experts that may be able to help.

HP Expert Daniel_Potyrala's

Guide to the Notebook Fingerprint Sensor - HP SimplePass version 6

======================================================================================

I suggest you call HP and ask for help -- the computer is new and you have a warranty that you can use.

Contact HP - Worldwide

Contact HP – USA - Phone Assistance

Warranty Required – USA and Canada

USA – Contact HP // Self-Help – Email - Chat

If I find anything else useful to you, then I will post back.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Top Student
Sebok92
Message 9 of 12 (1,134 Views)

Hello ! 

I found the solution!
I downloaded from microsoft directx and installed again. Now everything works!

I have one question. I registered on one finger feacebook (opens using IE), but I would like to SimplePass opened to me by google chrome. how to do?

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 10 of 12 (1,124 Views)

Sebok,

Interesting!  I am investigating the DirectX connection to SimplePass.

I am glad you got it to work.

I am unsure of your new request - translation to English issues, perhaps.

I believe you are asking how you can use Chrome to open your Facebook account instead of Internet Explorer.

It might work to do the following:

• Make sure you know the URL, that is, the website path to your Facebook account

I do not use Facebook; I am guessing about this next part:

• IF you have a shortcut on your Desktop that opens Facebook, delete it.  If you have "Facebook" in the Taskbar, remove it.

• Open SimplePass
  • Find an open the Webcard that controls your Facebook account in SimplePass
  • Make SURE you know your Facebook login userid AND your password and
  • Delete the Facebook Webcard

• Open Chrome
  • Make sure that Chrome is your default browser
  • Close Chrome after you select to make Chrome the default browser

• "Repair' SimplePass ==>> Right-Click on SimplePass in Controls Panel > Programs and Features

• Open Chrome - find and log into your Facebook account on the Chrome browser
  • SimplePass should ask if you want it to remember the password to this account
  • If you are asked, then answer YES and continue using Facebook
  • Done

If SimplePass does NOT ask you if you want to remember the Facebook password, then

you can create the Webcard manually:

• Log out of Facebook
  • Close Chrome

• Open SimplePass > Click on the "+" sign and create the Facebook Webcard manually
  • Close SimplePass

• Open Chrome
  • Enter the URL for your Facebook account and Log into Facebook
  • SimplePass should either offer to log into the account

OR

• after you manually enter (type) the Facebook account password, SimplePass should ask if you want it to remember the password
  • If you have the ability to create a Shortcut on your Desktop to Facebook, do that now.  Then add Facebook back into the TaskBar.
  • Done

This may do it.

Sorry about the Facebook confusion - I do not use Facebook; I do not know how it looks or the different methods that may be available to open it.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation