Question

Top Student
bill160011
Message 1 of 3 (1,515 Views)

Smart hard disk check has detected an immient failure

Hi, I have a DV4 1125NR laptop that is displaying, Smart hard disk check has detected an immient failure. This happened after start up. I recently tried to create recovery disks but was unable to do so. Kept saying to try another dvd disk of higher quality and never got a chance to do so. Also recieved a message several times on boot up ( this happened prior to the present problem) that there was no boot device. I powered the laptop off and on and this worked. But now I cannot get past this immient failure screen. Thanks for any help.

Top Student
bill160011
Message 2 of 3 (1,509 Views)

Re: Smart hard disk check has detected an immient failure

Just to update, I have done a primary hard disk self test. The quick test completed and passed. The full test stopped at the 12% and displayed the following. #10008 replace hard disk 1rent test item.

Smart check

Smart test is executing

the smart hard disk check has detected an imminent failure. To ensure not data loss, please backup the content immediately and run the hard disk test in system diagnostics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this computor is used for my wifes school work.

Student
jeanbaby
Message 3 of 3 (431 Views)

Re: Smart hard disk check has detected an imminent failure

what is the answer to the post dated below  on 05/30/2010. I have had my laptop less than 2 years and I am

having the same identical problem .  what is the solution ? I have  hp-g72 notebook PC. SYSTEM ID# 1484 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation