Question

BMW Top Student
Top Student
BMW
Message 1 of 81 (78,513 Views)

Solution Center Disk

When I turn on my laptop, it always has a pop up windows with Titled Solution Center and ask me to insert disk? I do not have any Solution Center disk with me, what can i do to bypass this message every time I turn on the laptop. My model is HP Pavilion dv6275us.

Thanks,

Henry

Top Student
mattlmp
Message 2 of 81 (77,883 Views)

Re: Solution Center Disk

I have same problem on my Pavilion dv7.  Have you found solution?? I do not see that you have received any replies.
Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 3 of 81 (78,140 Views)

It's because you've installed old HP Printer/Scanner software and/or updated Adobe Flash Player.

This thread offers advice on how to resolve the issue.
Top Student
mattlmp
Message 4 of 81 (78,127 Views)

Kalt:

Thanks for response! You are on it! But I am a novice and need more direction, please.

I installed new HP printer a month or so with the software provided. No message from solution center for disk until recently. Also, repeated attempts for automatic updates to this printer (J6480 A-I-O) have failed to install and I cannot solve the error message problem. I am not sure this is related.

I believe I did install an update to Adobe Flash Player. What do I do in this case?

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks. Matt

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 5 of 81 (78,134 Views)

mattlmp wrote:

Kalt:

Thanks for response! You are on it! But I am a novice and need more direction, please.

I installed new HP printer a month or so with the software provided. No message from solution center for disk until recently. Also, repeated attempts for automatic updates to this printer (J6480 A-I-O) have failed to install and I cannot solve the error message problem. I am not sure this is related.

I believe I did install an update to Adobe Flash Player. What do I do in this case?

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks. Matt

When you get this error message again, insert the installation disc you used for the printer set-up. Then,  click on "browse" and go to E:\Setup\SolutionCenter (E: denotes the drive letter of your DVD drive), and you'll find solutioncenter.msi there. Select it, and then click on "OK" ...it should then repair the installation and the issue should be resolved.
Intern
xzr1tv
Message 6 of 81 (77,591 Views)

I had a very similar problem on my desktop running XP. The procees above worked, but the effects are ugly.

That is each time I ran it, it back-leveled FLASH player. If I would upgrade FLASH player, then it broke then I would get the message about the install disk.

I am now preparing to install the all-in-one, on my HDX series laptop, running Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition.

I really don't want to get into the same loop.

Anyone have ideas/suggestions?

Honor Student
fredcrowder49
Message 7 of 81 (71,934 Views)

I just started to get the same pop-up asking me to install the solution center CD. I have a HP Office Jet H470 wireless printer.  Will reinstalling the printer software correct this

hanks

Honor Student
frank56
Message 8 of 81 (70,846 Views)

Kalt , thanks for the good advice!  SolutionCenter.msi pop-up issue is solved on my HP6510b laptop by running SolutionCenter.msi file of my HP deskjet 1400. Indeed the popup appeared upon 1st reboot , after updating Flashplayer.
Student
wallabee
Message 9 of 81 (64,461 Views)

I need a solution Centre disk to stop it asking when my laptop goes on. Left it at home.

Student
joe19lex21
Message 10 of 81 (62,162 Views)

My computer keeps trying to update.  It tells me to insert Solution Center Disc msi.  I have no disc.  Can you help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation