Question

Top Student
kawohi-dev
Message 1 of 6 (1,498 Views)

Spacebar is broken

Hello!  I was cleaning under the Space bar, and after I tried to put the space bar back. I made sure I put it back carefully but the nabs/hook still bent. So only the left side of the space bar clips on.  

How can I get this fix? I'm a web designer, well ... starting out to be and I have a client that wants a website and I can't code with this space bar broken! :smileysad: 

Can someone please help me. Can I buy a new space bar from HP? Or are there any other options? My laptop is only 6 months old. I don't understand why the space bar broke! I'm gonna have to tell my first client I can't do his website if I can't fix this :smileysad:

Teacher
Bulbulito
Message 2 of 6 (1,482 Views)

Re: Spacebar is broken

Hello,

Sorry about that, but you need to send the laptop for repair since its still under warranty

By the way how did clean keys, did use any tools? Normally if if theres a dirt on the key, its advisable to use blower to clean it up.

If problem is still there, pls inform me

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Patience is a Virtue

Top Student
kawohi-dev
Message 3 of 6 (1,477 Views)

I just found out that I can't get it repaired with my warranty. HP said it's an 'accidental damage' and ill have to pay $235 to get it fixed. It's just the little nabs that are broken off though! and I can't afford to pay that much :smileysad:.  

and I usually just took the keys off and just blow under because it seemed okay and all the other buttons just snapped back on. But I know not to do that anymore though. 

Teacher
Bulbulito
Message 4 of 6 (1,461 Views)

Hello,

Sorry about but yes if your using jut the factory warranty on the computer accidental damage would not be cover unless you extend your warranty, hey could provide me the product number of the computer I may provide you with a part number which you may use to get another key

If problem is still there, pls inform me

Patience is a Virtue

Top Student
kawohi-dev
Message 5 of 6 (1,452 Views)

Wow, Ok!

Product: WA961UA#ABA

Model: G61 - 429WM

How can you help me? 

Teacher
Bulbulito
Message 6 of 6 (1,440 Views)

Hello,

Part Number is 517865-001

Part is orderable, please call 1-800-227-8164 for availability. (charge would be $74.10, there may change, do and make a quick call)

If problem is still there, pls inform me, if fixed click on the kudos and marking my answer with "Accept as Solution, thanks

Patience is a Virtue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation