Question

Student
Otowngrl
Message 1 of 6 (589 Views)

Stolen laptop. No serial number

My pavilion laptop was stolen 2 days ago. I don't have serial number. I did register with Hp however they will not help me. I also have recovery CDs. Does anyone know how to get serial # from hp or recovery CDs. Need to give police the serial # to track if goes to any pawnshops. Thanks
Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 6 (577 Views)

Re: Stolen laptop. No serial number

Serial is not on the recovery discs unfortunately.

Where did you buy it? Some retailers keep records of the serial numbers at the time of sale, you might check with them if you still have you receipt.

Top Student
wrygal62
Message 3 of 6 (555 Views)

i have some what kind same problem vut i have my serial #s but a person that was working on mine at my gome while i was sleeping took parts from mine and traded her and now it wont boot up or noting
Honor Student
ogrt
Message 4 of 6 (276 Views)

My laptop was stolen also and I checked with Staples, but they don't keep serial # on file.

Is there some way to get it from HP?

I'm pretty sure I registered it when I got it 2.5 years ago.

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 5 of 6 (266 Views)

Hello ogrt:
In those two half years you had. Have ever sent in for repairs or had repair parts mailed to you? If so your email from HP has the computers information on it. Serial and Model number. So does your Stapples receipt. frrw.
Honor Student
ogrt
Message 6 of 6 (255 Views)

Thanks, frrw. I'll check on that.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation