Question

Student
holtzab
Message 1 of 2 (643 Views)

Synaptics Touchpad Not Opening

I just received my Pavilion dm1 yesterday. I was able to adjust some settings (scrolling etc) in the synaptics touchpad enhanced.

Now I want to change some settings, but the program will not open. I double clicked on SynTPEnh.exe, but it will not open (though the program shows up in the task manager). I tried to update the drivers.

I'm still able to use my touchpad, but I appear to be stuck with the settings it has as I can't figure out a way to change them anymore. Any suggestions?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 2 (636 Views)

Re: Synaptics Touchpad Not Opening

HI,

holtzab wrote:

I just received my Pavilion dm1 yesterday. I was able to adjust some settings (scrolling etc) in the synaptics touchpad enhanced.

Now I want to change some settings, but the program will not open. I double clicked on SynTPEnh.exe, but it will not open (though the program shows up in the task manager). I tried to update the drivers.

I'm still able to use my touchpad, but I appear to be stuck with the settings it has as I can't figure out a way to change them anymore. Any suggestions?

The settings can be changed in the control panel. Here is a tutorial on changing the settings in Windows 7.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation