Question

Honor Student
Designated
Message 11 of 18 (4,537 Views)

Re: Synaptics Touchpad V7.5 scrolling issue

I am very **bleep** about backing up. I have 2 external hard drives because I'm so paranoid. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't one of those resets that wipes everything off my laptop and I'd have to take time and effort to restore all my files from my external hard drive back onto my laptop again.

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 12 of 18 (4,527 Views)

Smiling.

I have the two external drives, plus a NAS server... Now we are getting closer to paranoid. :-)

Best to ask when unsure how something will impact your system.  Surprises are rarely welcome.

Good Fortune.

I hope it works!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Student
muntatherhameed
Message 13 of 18 (4,234 Views)

Thankyou

Student
mikhod
Message 14 of 18 (3,919 Views)

good

Honor Student
Rezalg
Message 15 of 18 (3,867 Views)

Re: Synaptics Touchpad V7.5 scrolling issue (FIXED)

I had the same issue for months and tired of resetting Synaptics each time. Although I now have a [Sony] Vaio laptop, the problem is the same.

I went a number of times to Sony's site only to find the install package was the same one I had. finally I went to the Synaptics site  at http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers/ and found an entirely new package. I downloaded and installed it - and it now holds the setting at each boot.

So much for using the computer manufacturer's software, as I've heard so many times; use the device's instead. Hail ceasar!

Student
diegox
Message 16 of 18 (2,950 Views)

chialossus wrote:

Good Day!

Please give me suggestions :smileysad:

Well, when i turn on my Notebook the scrolling function on the touchpad is not working, also other special functions like the finger flicks and stuff.

It will all just work when i go to the control panel, open the software "not making any changes" and click OK.

When i did my research, i cannot find any satisfactory solutions, I just ended up creating a shortcut of the software to my startup so when i open the notebook again from shut down ill just wait for it to load and Click OK again.

Is there any other permanent solution out there, I dont want to be stuck opening the Notebook and have this software always appear so i can just click okay for the scroll to work.

Appreciate your replies! :smileyhappy:

Student
Springfirenator
Message 17 of 18 (2,871 Views)

Uninstall the Synaptics Touch Pad driver itself. This fixed scrolling issue for me but special functions like edge swipe, pinch zoom will not work.

Student
DIAAEDDIN
Message 18 of 18 (1,196 Views)

HI

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation