Question

Student
twiggy99
Message 1 of 7 (39,567 Views)

System Diagnostics (F2) Error Codes

Hi there

During the system diagnostics, if any thing fails it creates a error code in the error log. Now I have worked out two of them 0303 and 0305 but what are the others? I can not find a list any where on the HP website.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01443317#N921 

Can anyone help?

Top Student
amiruliman
Message 2 of 7 (38,466 Views)

Re: System Diagnostics (F2) Error Codes

HP customer service sucks. there is nothing in the website that will help the customer when they are facing problems. and there is no HP staff in this forum to help us. 

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 3 of 7 (38,457 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes some descriptions are not very helpful

303  "Hard Disk 2 Quick"  and this would mean?

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 4 of 7 (38,452 Views)

Just found this, post #8

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/91979-windows-7-install-problem.html

"Just got off the phone with HP.... "Hard Disk 1 Quick (303)" error message does indeed mean the disk has failed...

They are sending a replacement drive...."

Tutor
Nehmo
Message 5 of 7 (24,361 Views)

I have a CQ57 Presario with the same failure. I did the HDD test, Hard Drive Self Test http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00439024&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en#N45

resulting in the same error code, 303.I suppose the first test in the routine screens out major problems, like no spin. If the HD fails the quick test, the routine doesn't proceed to the more detailed test.

In any case, I also have a drive on the way.

They gave me an ETA of the 12th. I'm hoping they padded the estimate and it will arrive tomorrow.

Then, after I get the new drive installed, there's the Windows installation and all the other setups.

That takes me forever.

Tutor
Nehmo
Message 6 of 7 (24,213 Views)

HP never sent me the replacement drive. After calling and waiting, they told me "a hold" was placed on my order because my credit card failed (even though the price was 0).

So now they sent me a box with a label on it.

I returned the whole laptop (without battery) to HP. I sent it FedEx on Friday, July 13.

HP could have called or sent an email telling me the drive wasn't coming. I'm really upset at them for that. And the idea of me having to pay for the drive in advance is disrespectful and stupid. I already bought the computer, and I doubt HP has been losing drives by some kind of scam.

But the only course of action now is to wait.

Student
TroutVideos
Message 7 of 7 (20,559 Views)

I too got the 303 and the 305. who is making thier drives is samsung, the drive itself, is decent, the life span appears to be unreliable, i contacted them today.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation