System Recovery is not Working. Error Message 1002 (5855 Views)
Student
Bamagyrl93
Message 1 of 4 (5,855 Views)

System Recovery is not Working. Error Message 1002

I ordered a recovery disk awhile back and it worked fine on my computer. About two days ago, I used the disk on my sisters computer because we both have the exact same computer. (HP G60-121WM Notebook PC). Once again the disk worked fine in her computer, but when I tried to use it in my computer about a day ago, I kept getting an Error 1002 message. Now, my computer will not load windows or go into safemode. It will either go into recovery mode (which gives me Error 1002) or just show a blank screen with a blinking underscore. So, anyone know what's up?

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 4 (5,847 Views)

Re: System Recovery is not Working. Error Message 1002

OS is not completely installed as the recovery Process has failed ...You need to contact HP phone support to arrange for recovery media to be sent to you...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Master's Graduate
muka3D
Message 3 of 4 (5,835 Views)

It's possible that the hard drive in your laptop may be having some issues. When you first turn on the system, press F10 to enter BIOS setup. Navigate to the Diagnostics tab using the arrow keys on your keyboard, and run the hard drive diagnostic. You'll want to run the long test, which may take a few hours. If your drive passes this test, it's possible that the recovery disks you have are now scratched and can't be read properly, in which case you should try and get new ones from HP support. If the drive fails the testing, you should contact HP support for a replacement drive (depending on your warranty status and circumstances).

___
I am an HP employee.
• Say thanks by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' button on the left
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
Regents Professor
pepe999
Message 4 of 4 (5,816 Views)

[ Edited ]

It looks like a bug in the recovery image..

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-12546_102-0.html?threadID=282468

error 1002:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c00881405#N1251

It's not a bug but an issue with DMI..

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/Recovery-Error-Code-1002/m-p/11366

Dv6-7000 /Full HD/Core i5-3360M/GF 650M/Corsair 8GB/Intel 7260AC/Samsung Pro 256GB
HP Touchpad provided by HP
Currently on Debian Wheeze

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation