Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi everyone, I have this same problem on my new laptop. I*ve done all the recommended and nothing helps. This problem starts about week ago. Now it happens more and more often. I even done the system restore before last windows update, it also didn't help.

Product nu. J0B17EA#ABU

Operating System : Windows 8.1 64-bit Operating System x64 based processor

HP Recommended

Turned hardware acceleration off in Firefox and Flash and the problem seems to be fixed.  One time the browser locked up and then a message displayed that there had been an error but it was handled and the computer did not reboot.

HP Recommended

@banitaunikat 

For your model, there are several different drivers for the AMD GPU; you wil  want to take a look at this page:

HP Pavilion 15-p091sa Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) - Software & Drivers

From there you can see the different versions available.

See if any of those drivers help, and you may want to check your BIOS version as well.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi... I didn't mention my hp in my first post... it is: LT,17-F053US,PV,17...  Giving control of my comp. to an HP tech didn't help....hardware acceleration function fix in adobe and Firefox didn't help.  SO FAR I HAVE NOT HAD THE PROBLEM IN GOOGLE CHROME and it has been a couple of weeks... 

HP Recommended

@jboy8999 

Here is the support page for your notebook, and like the previous one you have several drivers you can try.

HP Pavilion 17-f053us Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) - Software & Drivers

Let me know if a driver or BIOS update helps. Try the drivers first.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem. I found this thread about a month ago, disabled the hardwar acceleration without result. I then downloaded an PC cleanup tool and ran it and that worked until today when I had the same issue again.

My computer is an HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC (17z 1100), J7V92AV and running Windows 8.1

HP Recommended

i have HP 15-G015AU. i am having the same problem...i have installed the CCLEANER and using it till now....but the problem is not resolved...I AM GETTING THE BLUE SCREEN & THE ERROR MESSAGE for atleast once a day....what am i gonna do????please help......

HP Recommended

@surajit99 

Did you try the things from my earlier post in this thread? System_thread_exception_not_handled (atikmdag.sys) Help

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Having the exact same problem.

I purchased two HP machines. 1 x hp Envy i5 works great no problems

1 x HP AMD 64 k7h92es#abu HP 255 G3 This is the PC with the same fault as everyone else here.

The laptop grinds to a snailspace and is hardly even viable for web browsing let alone running any other processes.

This Laptop is brand new and only used for browsing fortunately.

HP seriously need to get a grip with this problem.

So many customers having the exact same problem indicates that this is a HP issue.

Why should we have to deactivate hardware acceleration? We paid for it, so please fix the problem. It's not fair that we should have to remove fetures designed to ais faster browsing.

My other laptop works 1000% fine with no problem but it does not have the AMD 64 processor.

I would like to hear what HP are planning to do to rectify this!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem in my Pavilion 15 notebook, Prod Number F4J40LA#AKH....Maybe the solution must be in the court?...what happs with HP...we dont receive a reply from HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.