Question

Top Student
PradeepChauhan
Message 1 of 2 (219 Views)

System time does not update after restart for HP 2000 Notebook PC

System time does not update after restart for HP 2000-2c00 Notebook PC

I restarted my laptop today and found that the time & date did not get suto updated.

Don't know what might be reason for that. It is a brand new laptop that I bought this Thanksgiving.

Already I was let down by the blutooth that isn't there and now this time is not getting updated.

Why the h*** did I go for this stupid box of plastic.

Dell is all together 100 times better than this one.

What should I do about this time not getting updated ?? Please suggest guys!

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 2 (187 Views)

Re: System time does not update after restart for HP 2000 Notebook PC

Hi PradeepChauhan,

Thank you for your query, I will attempt to help you resolve this difficulty.

I understand that the system date and time are not updating.

I would try restoring to a day or two ago,  when it was updating.

Have you checked for a bios update for your system? There is one listed on the  HP support and driver page for Windows 7 and Windows 8.  HP 2000z-2c00 CTO Notebook PC Drivers. You can run the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI to check for a hardware failure.  Here is a link to a document on Setting Time and Date, Clock Losing Time, Time and Date Incorrect (Windows 8). Please note the section for, "system clock displays incorrect time after resuming from hibernation". Please let me know if you require more assistance.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation