Question

Top Student
frustratedgirl
Message 1 of 30 (83,820 Views)

The touch pad out on the HP Pavilion g series.

Occasionally i lock the touch pad out on the HP Pavilion g series. How do i turn this on with out turning off the computer? I would like to know what I am doing to turn this off in the first place. I don't know where to look for the documentation on this HP product. 

Grad Student
techgrl38
Message 2 of 30 (83,803 Views)

Re: The touch pad out on the HP Pavilion g series.

Hi and thanks for joining the HP Forums.  HP notebooks have a locking function that you can turn off/on by double tapping somewhere near the top left hand corner of the touchpad.  For example, I have a g7 notebook and there is actually a very small round indention in the top left corner and if i double tap that indention it turns the touchpad off, double tapping again will turn the touchpad back on.  On some of the notebooks rather than a small round indention there is just a small spot that almost looks like a tiny pin hole that indicates the location to turn the touch pad on/off.  In either case you should be able to tell by looking, but if you can't you can just test it by doing a quick double tap in the top left corner of the touchpad until you find the correct spot.

I am an HP employee.
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
Student
HP_dv
Message 3 of 30 (83,195 Views)

Re: The touch pad out on the HP Pavilion Dv series.

Hii....M also facing problem with my HP pavilion touch pad suddenly. it doesnt work. already checked the locking system ( red & blue light) on the left corner of touch pad. but still its not working but left & right clicks were working . Only touc pad was dead. Plz help is there anyother keys or buttons in pavilion dv series from where we can lock the touch pad. or may be sensor was dead.  awaiting your prompt response

Grad Student
techgrl38
Message 4 of 30 (82,520 Views)

Are you receiving any error messages?  Hardware wise the previous post lists the only place where you can lock/unlock the touchpad.  There is the possibility that the touchpad driver is corrupt among other possible reasons for this to stop working.  You may want to try updating the driver by going to hp.com and entering the support and drivers link and then input your specific unit.  It will tell you what driver updates are available.  Thanks.

I am an HP employee.
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
Student
GarryAK
Message 5 of 30 (81,248 Views)

The touch pad on / off not working on an HP Pavilion G7-1075DX

Going to the HP support site and downloading the current drivers for the touch pad have solved this problem.  Our curser was jumping around when we were typing and we were hoping that by turning off the touch pad it would eliminate the potential of static electricity between clothing and the touch pad.  Now that we can turn off the touch pad, it seems to also have solved the jumping cursor problem.

Many thanks for the suggestion of downloading current drives! 

Student
Josie917
Message 6 of 30 (80,686 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion regarding double-touching the little indentation on the touchpad.  That worked perfectly, and the little orange light went out and the touchpad is working again.

Student
clubmonstar
Message 7 of 30 (79,195 Views)

Hi

I have a new Pavillion g series laptop. The touchpad works fine except for a few functions. I can pinch to maximise/minimise but can't scroll down a page. I went to Control Panel > Mouse>Device settings> Settings and the features are enabled.

Student
c5291
Message 8 of 30 (78,583 Views)

By mistake I have uninstalled some program in my laptop(hp pavilion g7).Since then i am not able to lock my touch pad(mouse) and other options like zooming using touch pad are not working.But i am able to move the cursor using the touch pad.I request you to help me out.

Thanks in advance

Grad Student
techgrl38
Message 9 of 30 (77,935 Views)

You also may want to try updating the driver and software by going to hp.com and entering the support and drivers link and then input your specific unit.  It will tell you what driver and software updates are available.  Thanks.

I am an HP employee.
Student
Saumtally
Message 10 of 30 (71,692 Views)

Connect  a USB mouse. Go to control panel, prnters and other hardware, Mouse, Device settings and finally hit Reset Devices. Touch mouse pad should now work. Remove the USB mouse. It works for me. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation