Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
my computer wont let me right click to create a new document
HP Recommended

I need to disable the Touch Pad on my HP G72-866US

HP Recommended

@CatLoraine wrote:

New HP 2000 Notebook PC.  Information provided in case anyone has a problem with tapping the touchpad to disable and enable it.  It is supposed to disable/enable upon two taps close together on the depression in upper left corner of touchpad. However, mine was working sometimes and sometimes not, fingers getting sore from hitting it over and over. Best thing is to call HP Support and they will remotely send new drivers which automatically install. Helps quite a bit.

Other option I like better is to go to Control Panel-Mouse-TouchPad. Click on TouchPad and beneath are two boxes, Enable and Disable. One click and it's done.

HP Recommended

I got this HP Pavilion Notebook from Staples and it's a piece of crap.  It doesn't have a model number and is sort of an aborted HP.  Will never purchase a computer from Staples ever again.

All directions do not work.

HP Recommended

This only pertains to Windows 7. 

HP Recommended

WOW!!! That's exactly how to do it is just use both fingers and dbl tap in the upper L hand corner of the touchpad and BAM now u can use your touchpad again without having to grab the mouse. I love it when advice is given and it works. Thanks a lot for spreading the news that people want you to pay them to give a simple answer to enable/disable something.

HP Recommended

I have tried all the solutions and nothing has worked.  I cannot find an option to turn off the touch pad anywhere.  I've gone to control panel, personalize, and tapped the upper left corner...nothing.

HP Recommended
Yes there is. Goto Control Panel|Hardware and Sound|Mouse|Device Settings. You should see Synapics TouchPad in the Device list. Click on the Enable button.
HP Recommended

I wanted to clarify this topic for others like me, I have a HP2000 and I installed windows 7 on it. I was not getting options for touch pad and double clicking didn't work but on control panel under mouse tab you have a drivers option. Click on update drivers, and when you go back in, there will be all new options and double clicking with 2 fingers at top left of touch pad will work also.  Update Drivers!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

The touch Pad of My mouse ios not activated from tomoroow morning what shall i do to activate it.

@Karmyn wrote:
I have the same problem and I have an HP 2000 laptop

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.