HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
10-25-2009 09:16 PM
Bought an HP 1451nr laptop a few weeks ago and love it, however, noticed today that the touch-sensitive buttons at the top of the keyboard (the mute button, volume button and wireless assistant button) on what I believe is called the capacitive strip, are not working. You can change the volume and mute OK, the sound is working fine, just none of the buttons are working.
E-mailed HP and they suggested a system restore would solve the problem, and it didn't. Surely someone else has had this problem....any suggestions?
thanks in advance.......
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-25-2009 09:20 PM
Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly. Try performing a hard reset first, if it doesn't work then we'll move to the next step.
To Perform A Hard Reset
- Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for 5 seconds)
- Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
- Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook. There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
- Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
- Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.
11-14-2009 09:37 AM
11-14-2009 08:18 PM
Surf your post lately.
I have the same problem in DV7-2124tx. It caused unhappy due purchase 1 day only. And found that must posts reflect this issues in DV series.
my other post
To me, after did hard reset, it also happen again several 10 mins later.
Do you think it is hardware design problem? Why does the HP desgin team of DV series didn't follow it?
If HP cannot shoot the problem, could we ask refund ? Or, do work around solution to release a beta BIOS to total disable Quick Launch touch buttons pad temporarily. (It likes to disable the "port" data receive between the circuit board of Quick Launch Touch bottons pad and the Main PCB.)
And we just trust HP that they will find the real solution to shoot that issue plus ask the warranty extension.
Any ideas or suggestions?