Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

yellow light is the problem

HP Recommended

Thanks Daisy: I tried your advice and it worked great, to recap yellow light came on I tapped touchpad top lefthand corner where the dimple is twice, light went off. thanks again

HP Recommended
I didn't give advice..sorry.
My yellow light comes on on my mouse...wireless. I don'tkknow some words that are supposed to help me: dongle and touchpad.....HELP
HP Recommended
I didn't give advice..sorry.
My yellow light comes on on my mouse...wireless. I don'tkknow some words that are supposed to help me: dongle and touchpad.....HELP . Also...what is that dimple you talk about?
HP Recommended

Hello Daisy: sorry for mix up, don't know who gave me the answer to my problem but it seems to be different from yours as my pc is an HP255 notebook with a touchpad not a mouse and the dimple I spoke of is on the touchpad top lefthand corner, sorry again for the confusion.

HP Recommended

Thanks DP-K it works on my HP 455. The yellow led is the toggle switch for enabling/disabling touchpad.

HP Recommended

Simple solution but how could anyone work it out without help? I, and others who must have accidentally tapped top left of touchpad, are victims of an uncharted minefield created by an unthinking anorak. Read the documentation? There isn't any.

Yours, annoyed at this wasted of part of my life.

zztupper

HP Recommended

OK, that was too easy!  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Awesome! it worked perfectly...thank you!!!

HP Recommended

it works with my laptop HP 455 by double clicking the white dot at the top left of my mouse pad to disable/enable my cursor.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.