Touchpad scrolling doesn't work (10976 Views)
Honor Student
K8Mello
Message 1 of 6 (10,976 Views)
Accepted Solution

Touchpad scrolling doesn't work

I need help, the vertical and horizontal scrolling doesn't work at all after the computer wakes back up from falling asleep or hibernating.  When I initially start the computer up from shutdown it works and it works again when I restart the computer.  I know how to change the settings for it, like one or two finger scrolling and turning it on or off but the settings are ok and the scrolling still doesn't work.  

My computer is a HP Pavilion dv6 (VX070AV) and only 3 days old. 

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 6 (10,972 Views)

Re: Touchpad scrolling doesn't work

Have you tired updating the touchpad driver? I guess you will be having Version 14.0.19.0

Here is the link, just in case... http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-85175-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Honor Student
K8Mello
Message 3 of 6 (10,964 Views)

Thank you, it's working great now. 

Student
karlotalatala
Message 4 of 6 (9,549 Views)

Hi. I am using HP DV2 and having issues with my Touchpad. It seems like it's is not working properly when I am online. I am having a hard time in clicking on any links because it's too sensitive. I tried to change the settings but nothing happened. It works perfectly fine when I am not online. Do I need to update the driver as well?

Honor Student
kensan46
Message 5 of 6 (9,093 Views)

Hi,

I want to turn off the touchpad scrolling. I have a Compaq CQ62-423NR Notebook.

Thanks,

ken

Student
Gurjeevan
Message 6 of 6 (6,946 Views)

i hav hp pavilion dv6-6154tx  ,and synaptics driver version 15.3.29.0.          the scrolling has stopped suddenly... i trid updating driver to version 15.3.31.1.    but it says ''syanptics device not found''.
plz help me solving ths issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation