Question

Student
OtterDaze
Message 1 of 2 (161 Views)

Touchpad stops working when using WSAD keys

I play a few games on my computer (HP Pavillion G7-1365DX) including minecraft and tf2, but when i use the WSAD keys, or any other for that matter, my touchpad stops working and i am unable to turn. Is there any way to change this in some sort of settings, the touchpad is a synaptics V7.5 with driver version 15.3.29.0

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 2 (141 Views)

Touchpad stops working when using WSAD keys

Hello OtterDaze. I understand that you are having issues with your touchpad when playing games. Specifically that it stops working completely, is this correct?

Personally when I am playing games on my notebook I do not use the touchpad. I highly suggest using a USB mouse to allow for optimum game playing! However, to try to solve your problem let me ask a few questions.

Do you have an LED in the top left corner of your touchpad or is the entire area surrounding the area lit up? If so, what color is the LED currently? What about when the issue occurs? I want to make sure you are not accidentally disabling the touchpad while playing games.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation