Question

Honor Student
Qwertyhoop
Message 1 of 12 (6,270 Views)

Trouble turning on hp envy 15 3021x

I cannot turn in my hp envy 15 3021x. Whenever I press the power button the wifi button/f12 light up with an orange glow. What must I do to get it to resume again? Why has this happened?
Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 12 (6,267 Views)

Re: Trouble turning on hp envy 15 3021x

Hi,

If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP ( the telephone numbers can be found on the relevant link below ) and arrange for it to be repaired - you can check your warranty status Here.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

If you are out of warranty, it's always worth trying a Hard Reset as follows.

Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and see if the notebook will start.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Qwertyhoop
Message 3 of 12 (6,262 Views)

Thank you, but do you know why this has happened?
Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 12 (6,260 Views)

Hi,

From what you describe, it sound like something on the Motherboard has failed, but it's almost impossible to guess exactly which component or why until the machine is looked at.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
baldwin78
Message 5 of 12 (5,996 Views)

Hi I am encountering the same problem. However, i read in the hp support forum that some one was commenting that the beats volume control button was depressed and couldnt pop up, hence causing the computer to be unable to power on. Well, i just got my envy 15 very recently on 18 june 2012. Before powering it on, i also pressed the beats button and yes it was also stuck, and couldnt come up. And then when i pressed the power button, the laptop would not turn on. I plugged it direct to the the power mains, noted that the white led flashing next to the power, but when i pressed the power, i noted that the wifi f12 button orange light comes up, then extinguished as soon as i let go of the power button. I called hp technical support and thankfully i am covered by the 1 year on site warrenty. But i am very very disappointed on this design flaw, and if this was not the reason, then the quality control of hp products is highly questionable. This is the last time i would ever support hp products.
Tutor
baldwin78
Message 6 of 12 (5,991 Views)

By the way, how do you remove the battery? I could slide the plastic cover off, but the battery seems to be screwed tight. Must nscrew?
Student
StevenCook17
Message 7 of 12 (5,967 Views)

In order to get the battery off you must unscrew it, but it will VOID your warranty. As for anyone looking into the power issue, I had just got off the phone with HP and they told me the BEATS AUDIO button will become stuck and must be wiggled loose and it should remain fixed. If it does not, then your only option is to have HP send you a box and they will fix it.

Honor Student
Jerz_09
Message 8 of 12 (5,821 Views)

Thanks steven... I had the same issue and followed the instructions and there it works... thats indeed an implementation flaw...
Honor Student
asish03
Message 9 of 12 (5,732 Views)

A very close friend of mine got me my HP Envy 15 from the US.I have used it for like a month and the same thing has happened with me as well.It wont start and only the wifi button glows yellow when i press the start button.I took it to the HP customer care centre Kolkata.They checked the database or something with my serial number and model number and then told me this particular laptop couldnt have been in the US.This laptop was meant to be sold in China only.I was shocked.They said they cant help me with this.I honestly never expected this from HP.My $1200 is wasted because of factors not in my control.I urge you guys to help me.Hopefully you guys will act and resolve this issue.I even have the order confirmation mail with me.

Honor Student
Zee-Envy15
Message 10 of 12 (4,392 Views)

Very VERY disappointed on this design flaw ... never to invest on HP products again :-(

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation