Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I wanted to download Facebook messenger to my desktop but it wont work. (don't ask why I want it, I know that's what you're thinking:)The little bar at the bottom of my screen pops up and had only save and cancel as options. If I hit save it won't download because it can't open the file. If I hit cancel then it just freezes up. What happened to the "run" option and why wont it download? The same thing happened the other day when trying to download my songs from Amazon. My computer didn't have the program to open an .amz file. Once I found a link to let me download Amazon downloader it all came together and worked for me. This is almost the same thing. The download instructions say to click "run" when it comes up, but that isn't even an option for me. Then, like I said earlier, if I exit out or cancel it it all freezes up and I can't make the little box go away so I have to close Internet explorer completely to make it go away Also nothing is showing in my downloads folder.. Help?? Oh, I have an HP Pavilion DV7.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi, did you try to download the files / application from different browser like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome ? May be the issue exists with Internet Explorer. Let us know the result.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Hi, did you try to download the files / application from different browser like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome ? May be the issue exists with Internet Explorer. Let us know the result.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
HP Recommended

Had not tried that. I will give it a go and let you know:)

HP Recommended

I gave up on IE and Facebook. It does work with Firefox but then my finger scanner doesn't work. I have to pick one or the other until IE gets it's act together?? Thanks for your help though. On to bigger and better things:)

HP Recommended

just tried opening file thru google and still same results. 

HP Recommended

Hello macon252,

I see that you are having trouble opening a file on your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Do you get an error message when you try and open the file?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

hi npw05001 can i tickle your feet?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.