Question

Honor Student
JamesRoettger
Message 1 of 2 (246 Views)

USB port failure

[ Edited ]

My usb ports fail very regularly when I use them. They seem to usually be fine but when I plug in a few things they almost inevitably fail sometime during the day. I am trying to use it for business and it is a hassle when they go out. It often requires shutting down for 30 minutes to get them back and this doesn't work with a client waiting for me to print a receipt at my desk. The fingerprint scanner also goes out at the same time. It can happen either right away when still cool or at anytime during the day. Shutting down and letting cool though will usually bring them back. I have a Pavillion laptop    Model dv6-1361sb
Product #  VR108UA#ABA. I have windows 7 64bit,

I have reinstalled drivers to no avail.

Student
curser001
Message 2 of 2 (55 Views)

Re: USB port failure

I putmy HP Pavillion into PC world for a healthcheck and they have sent it away as the port driver inside the pc has failed, I now face possible loss of all of my data.

Whilst documents are backed up programmes are not. Some I may be able to find and redownload but then I have the hassle of configuring all of the program settings. Not all programmes can be downloaded as there is a time limit on downloading again. The PC is less then three years old.

So if you foolishly decide to buy a HP product you now kkow the unreliability you will experience, shop elsewhere is my advice.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation