Question

Honor Student
Sinatra1
Message 1 of 4 (1,753 Views)

WHY HEWLETT PACKARD ROYALLY PISSES ME OFF?

WANT TO KNOW WHY HEWLETT PACKARD ROYALLY PISSES ME OFF?

You have a computer problem and you call their HELP SUPPORT LINE.  This takes you somewhere to the far side of the earth.

The FIRST CLOWN who answers, AFTER collecting all your personal information, product information, product codes, serial numbers, etc. and, AFTER having you explain your problem in minute detail, tells you he has to transfer you to a DIFFERENT department.

AFTER BEING TRANSFERRED, the SECOND CLOWN, AGAIN, AFTER collecting all your personal information, product information, product codes, serial numbers, etc. and, AFTER again explaining your problem, tells you he has to transfer you to YET ANOTHER department.

FOLLOWING SEVERAL MORE REPEATS OF THE SAME ORDEAL AND TALKING TO MANY CLOWNS, all the while praying you don’t get cut off and have to start the entire hellish process anew, you finally reach who you hope to be THE MAIN CLOWN who will finally resolve your problem with THE PRODUCT YOU PURCHASED FROM THEM.

DOES HE HELP? HELL NO!

He says you need to call some other manufacturer or you have to purchase something from them to correct the problem or you have to pay them to give you their support.

SO, you have wasted your ENTIRE day on the phone talking to ALIEN CLOWNS who have been leading you around in circles like an elephant in a circus holding the tail of the elephant in front of him, getting no solution to your problem and trying to communicate with CLOWNS who speak unintelligible English.

WELL, the irony is, ALL these “CLOWNS” have made you the BIGGEST CLOWN OF THEM ALL and

all you are left with is: “Thanks for calling Hewlett Packard and have a nice day”.

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 2 of 4 (1,726 Views)

Re: WHY HEWLETT PACKARD ROYALLY PISSES ME OFF?

What issues are you having with the notebook ?

Maybe I can lead you in the right direction. 

Honor Student
Sinatra1
Message 3 of 4 (1,712 Views)

[ Edited ]

Shows on bottom right of my monitor:

Windows 7

Build 7601

This copy of Windows is not genuine

Dear HP (Assuming I am speaking to HP directly)

I have an HP Pavilion purchased about 2 years ago (a birthday present from my wife). It came with Windows 7 Home Premium pre-installed and disc but with no disc key code. I was having problems with the system running extremely slow so I took it to Staples tech people. They kept it for 4 days, tried everything but nothing worked. They suggested I purchase an external hard drive and transfer all my files, etc. to same which I did but my computer still ran slowly. Thus, out frustration and after spending $300 for tech services and external hard drive, I decide just to install the Windows 7 disc that came with the computer. This, of course, started me back to square one … I had to start as though it was a new computer with no personal saved files, etc.

I seemed to get everything back to normal and had no “slow running” issues. Then, a message started popping up that my version of Windows was not genuine. I searched my computer, found the presumed key code and entered it but it was and continues to be rejected as not valid no matter what I do. Since the time to valid has expired, my Windows screen is black, the clock is always wrong and other annoying things won’t work.

I called your support line and got the runaround. Eventually, my line with your representatives, before I had a solution, was disconnected and I was not about to go through that HELL again. Searching the Web, I was advised that this was a HP issue that you could resolve. If not, Microsoft wants me to spend $150 for another Windows 7 program. After adding up all my expenses thus far to fix my original “slow” problem,  I could have bought a brand new computer and I am not going to waste any more of my money. This is why I am so angry and have made my anger known to all my Facebook friends.

Below, I have copied and pasted all the information I was able to gather from my computer operating system, computer battery and Windows information. If you can help me, it would certainly be appreciated and change my opinion of HP which I will immediately make known to my Facebook friends and remove any negative comments I have made about HP.

WHAT'S THIS YOU WROTE? I STILL HAVE NO ANSWERS TO MY PROBLEM. INCREDIBLE!!!

"Registration Confirmation

John, thank you for registering your product!

We will e-mail you a copy of your registration for your records. We recommend that you save the e-mail, and use it to create or access your HP Account in the future."

You have successfully created an HP account.

Bottom of Form

Product name:

HP Pavilion HPE h9-1118tw Phoenix Desktop PC

Model name:

QF034AA

Serial number:

Top of Form

Register another product ›

Bottom of Form

Protect

Avoid downtime. Protect your product with an extended service plan:

HP Care Pack Services ›

Register Your HP Care Pack ›

Explore and create

­­­­­­­­­­­___________________________________________

We were unable to verify your productDrivers & Updates

• ·Warranty Status
  • ·Additional Support

This tool recommends the latest print driver software to keep your HP product up-to-date.

No Action Needed:

HP recommended software installed and up-to-date.

If your product is not printing or scanning correctly, you may want to try the HP Printer Install Wizard to identify software issues. Click the link below to begin:

HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows »

No Action Needed:

Windows in-Operating System (in-OS) print driver is installed and is currently the only driver available for this product.

For more information on getting the best functionlity from your product with this print driver, click the link below:

In-OS Print Driver »

Action Needed:

Your print driver software is missing or a better version is available. HP recommends installing the following software. Click the link below to begin:

»

Product Not Supported:

This product is not currently supported by this tool.

Error:

This tool experienced an error while trying to identify the print driver software for your product.

To view additional software for this product, click the link below:

Software & Driver Downloads »

HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows »

Please wait while we scan your product for solutions and updates.

Your Product:

This should take 1-2 minutes, depending on your computer and connection speed.

HP was unable to verify that you have this product, but did find other products.

HP Pavilion HPE h9-1118tw Phoenix Desktop PC
» Software & driver downloads
» Support & troubleshooting
» Learn how to help HP find your product

Detected Products List   HP Pavilion g6-1a30us Notebook PC

Serial Number:

Product Number:

LQ537UA

Check Warranty Status » 

MY PRODUCT:

HP Pavilion g6-1a30us Notebook PC

ACTUAL PRODUCT KEY:

Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1

Product Part No.: X15-39655

Installed from 'Full Packaged Product' media.

Product ID:   match to CD Key data

Product Key Windows 7 -

Computer Name: JOHN-PC

Registered Owner: John

Registered Organization:

ON THE BATTERY INFORMATION:

REPLACE WITH HP SPARE

CT: 6BZLU03SP0QHTV

Right side of battery numbers: 593553-001 and immediately underneath those numbers are the numbers 2011/05

INSIDE BATTERY COMPARTMENT INFORMATION

Right PAVILION g6

Serial: 

Product: LQ 537 UA#ABA

Regulatory Model: HSTNN-194c

Model: g6-1a30us

HP LAPTOP SERVICE Called 1/14/13

Telephone Log

-------------

Dialed: 1-800-474-6836

Spoke to Evan – Cannot help. Transferring me to another person

-------------

Transfer to OUT OF WARRANTY dept.

Phone  1-866-442-7039

Name: Jeff

Cannot help. Transferring me to another person

-------------

Spoke to Moses

Phone disconnected.

-------------

Been on phone about 1 hour.

GAVE UP. FRUSTRATED.ANGRY. BROKE. ANNOYED.

I have scanned the Windows 7 Disc, its’ packaging and miscellaneous notes I recorded throughout this ordeal hoping they might be a value. I have included them as attachment to this e-mail.

If you can be of assistance, I will be most grateful.

Sincerely,

John H

P.S. - Don't see where I am able to send you (Assuming I am speaking to an HP Representative) the attachments I mentioned. Why can't I have someone's actual e-mail address so I can respond one-on-one via sending mail through my Gmail account? I feel this "posting" method is clandestine .. cloak and dagger kind of stuff. Feel like HP folks are a kind of Watergate "Deep Throat" kind of characters, hiding just out of sight in the shadows. PLEASE GIVE ME JUST ONE, LIVING, BREATHING HUMAN BEING I CAN COMMUNICATE WITH AND STOP MAKING A CLOWN OUT OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{personal info removed}

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 4 of 4 (1,697 Views)

OK, seems like there are multiple issues here. Check your private messages for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation