Question

Student
shaylee93
Message 1 of 2 (54 Views)

WON'T TURN ON!! light on the side doesn't turn on

The laptop is a little over a year old. It was working perfectly fine six hours ago and now it won't turn on. The light on the charger thing won't either. what do i do?!?!
HP Support Agent
Great-Deku-Tree
Message 2 of 2 (26 Views)

Re: WON'T TURN ON!! light on the side doesn't turn on

Hello @shaylee93 ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your notebook no longer turns on. 

Can you tell me if the light your referring to is on the side of the notebook, or the LED indicator on the AC adapter itself?

I would also take a look through this document for troubleshooting power issues: Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge.

Chances are, if the battery had charge when you turned it off and the adapter is plugged in you're looking at an issue with the motherboard. For this you would need to contact HP Phone Support for service options. You can contact HP Technical Support at 1-800-474-6836 in North America. For all other regions click here.

Hopefully this information helps! :smileyhappy:

The Great Deku Tree
I work on behalf of HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation