Warranty Extension (8399 Views)
Student
ManojkP
Message 1 of 14 (8,399 Views)

Warranty Extension

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion DV6-2165TX Laptop. I bought it in May 2010. Its warranty will expire in May2011. I want to extend my warrant. Please clear my following doubts.

1. What should I buy so that if there are any hardware problems it will be repaired in extended warranty free of cost?

2. What are the cost of warranty extension for a period of 1yr, 2yrs, 3yrs and 5yrs(if available)? 

3. From where should I buy warranty extension?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 14 (8,386 Views)

Re: Warranty Extension

[ Edited ]

Hi,

ManojkP wrote:

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion DV6-2165TX Laptop. I bought it in May 2010. Its warranty will expire in May2011. I want to extend my warrant. Please clear my following doubts.

1. What should I buy so that if there are any hardware problems it will be repaired in extended warranty free of cost?

2. What are the cost of warranty extension for a period of 1yr, 2yrs, 3yrs and 5yrs(if available)? 

3. From where should I buy warranty extension?

Please contact HP Customer Care via email or telephone for your warranty related questions.

This is a consumer to consumer forum. 

I suggest that you Contact HP directly for your questions.

Best regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Grad Student
Reikableu
Message 3 of 14 (8,349 Views)

well...

1) if you are willing to pay quite alot... get something with accidental damage protection. this means, it'll cover your notebook as well with accidental damages like if you drop the kv which is not normally covered under the normal warranty. or just get the normal warrany, like what you have right now.

2) since your wrranty is almost up, i believe only a one year extension will be available.

3) where to buy it? i'ts best if you buy it with the hp tech support through phone, or go here just make sure you read it carefully and check if it is the correct one for your notebook.

hope this helps!!

~reikableu~
...KUDO's to me and if this resolves the issue, please tag this as "AcceptedSolution"
~I MAYBE working for HP Consumer Notebook Support but any opinion stated are not at anyways connected to those of HP.~
Student
sumit1993
Message 4 of 14 (7,461 Views)

[ Edited ]

I Want To Warranty Extension Of My Laptop (My Laptop serial Number is{Removed for privacy}And My Product number is (B3J80PA) And My Purchase Date Is June-16-2012)

Honor Student
gklwilliams
Message 5 of 14 (5,812 Views)

my warranty expires 1/11/13.  how do I purchase an extension?

Student
rishiraj907
Message 6 of 14 (5,783 Views)

hi, i have a HP-430 laptop. I want to extend my warranty. Please suggest me the steps

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 7 of 14 (5,754 Views)

Warranty Extension

Hello gklwilliams / rishiraj907,

The answer Erico has provided is still the only and best answer. We can not assist with extending warranty on the forums and we can't help you with the issue.

You will need to contact HP via email or phone using the link provided above.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Student
murthy8819
Message 8 of 14 (5,714 Views)

hi sir my lap  Warranty  Extension who sir

Student
pkpwis
Message 9 of 14 (5,566 Views)

[ Edited ]

I want to extend my warrant please call back[Personal Information Removed]

Retired
OrnahP
Message 10 of 14 (5,561 Views)

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I'm sorry but this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers, and not a venue to contact HP directly. Most of the users here are consumers like yourself who are offering solutions because they like to help others, and any HP employees you see are here on their own capacity and not representing the company.

If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

pkpwis wrote:

I want to extend my warrant please call back[Personal Information Removed]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

:smileyhappy: Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
:smileyhappy: When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation