Question

Student
bperchinski
Message 1 of 4 (1,889 Views)

Water Damage

I have a hp laptop that my wife accidentally dropped into water.  The laptop will boot up but the screen is very dark and I can barely see the icons.  Does anyone have any  suggestions on how to fix the screen?

Intern
Tech_Smurf
Message 2 of 4 (1,873 Views)

Re: Water Damage

You have a dead backlight for the lcd. Replace it or get a new system.

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 3 of 4 (1,864 Views)

In order to help you further, could you please provide us with more information about your computer? Please post the specific model number or the (PN - Part Number) from the white tag on your computer. This will help us locate drivers and identify correct parts for your specific model.

Usually, the cost to have the unit repaired by HP would be $398 USD plus tax (unless you've got an extended warranty that covers accidental damage)

Student
suhan45
Message 4 of 4 (780 Views)

Water damage is very major fact. You can take out the battery and flipped the laptop upside down to drain the liquid. I spilled water on my Macbook then I did this. You can try this way. For more water damage solution you can visit water damage  . If there any kind of water damage occurrences causes in your home you can go to this website.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation